2021 Hunting VIDEOS: Post 'em Here!

For anyone wanting to "shoot" their birds with their phone or perhaps video a friend shooting or a friend video taping you shooting a bird, post 'em here! As for me, I'm completely satisfied videoing all of my bird contacts . . . AND with a video, I can enjoy the experience again whenever I want to. 

Here's the second covey find of the day for my 14 month old pointer. Apologies in advance for the expletive: this was the third time that I hunted this farm and after finding just two birds, then no birds, well, I was quite surprised when this nice covey erupted :D

In the future, I'll try to video with more of the dog in the frame (both in size and duration) and would ask that you do this too. I think most everyone here do it for the dogs moreso than for the food, so let's try to display more of what our dogs are doing. And post 'em whether they're planted bird or wild bird videos, but if they're wild birds, don't be bashful about bragging :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scar

• Payton

• spring

• chilly460

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone wanting to "shoot" their birds with their phone or perhaps video a friend shooting or a friend video taping you shooting a bird, post 'em here! As for me, I'm completely satisfied videoing

Go-pro video of something a bit unusual for our neck of the woods. My dog was on point, and as I made my way over to him I flushed a cotton-tail rabbit, a very, very rare beast in the parts we usually

Some great videos, keep them coming.   Here a couple I put together, one day I’ll stop being lazy and wear the GoPro.         

Hal Standish

Nice Though your script needs a little work!

Hal

This little setter is quite the dog.  She set up on these birds when they were scattered across the side of a hill.  She wasn't sure where they were exactly as they were pretty scattered.  When she went on point Tom and I were 200 yards or so from her and it took a bit for us to get to her.  As we moved to her she relocated at least twice VERY carefully trying to figure out where the covey was located.  As you can see from the video they were all over that hillside.  I don't see how she managed not to flush one.  What a dog!

This is a really neat video.  Same dog, Ellie, pointed this covey in the bottom of a sand draw and again relocated as we moved in to her point.  She's screened by some brush when she re-establishes her point but, trust me, she's super classy when she's stacked up.  You'll hear me say I can see the birds in the video.  They were huddled together in a group about the size of a frying pan.  They just couldn't take it any longer after the pointer wandered past the thick for the second time.

Here's one of a young dog that's figuring it out. By the way, he's named after Nigel Olsson, Elton John's drummer since 1969. 😀

2020, but our 14 year old veteran Scout pinning a Northeast Kingdom woodcock.  Poor mount and shot equals another miss—two actually but thankfully Sharon stopped filming at the second flush. 

These are both young dogs (15 months old). My friend's setter found a nice covey and my pointer pointed three singles. His dog needs work on backing and whoa, but he puts all of his early effort in hunting and finding wild birds. I'm sure she'll be "right" next year ;-)

My young dog, Leon, is figuring it out. He found 5 coveys this afternoon in an hour and a half. The first time he pointed it was at the 100 yard target on my shooting range. Couldn’t be birds there, I thought, so I walked away. As I did, a whole covey blasted off from the top of the berm. I’ve never seen a covey in such a spot. It was about crazy and I certainly got a good lesson in trusting my dog. 

Anyway, we had fun! 

chilly460

Some great videos, keep them coming.

Here a couple I put together, one day I’ll stop being lazy and wear the GoPro. 

Chilly,

VERY nice!!! When do you video this? I posted this elsewhere, but the woodcock essentially missed the Louisville (KY) area. I saw and heard NONE, and my friend who is retired and often can get 5 productive points in an afternoon saw ONE woodcock all fall :(

chilly460
9 hours ago, Payton said:

Chilly,

VERY nice!!! When do you video this? I posted this elsewhere, but the woodcock essentially missed the Louisville (KY) area. I saw and heard NONE, and my friend who is retired and often can get 5 productive points in an afternoon saw ONE woodcock all fall :(

These are right around New Year's.  We've had an extremely good woodcock hunt in Va this year as far as everyone is saying, so could be weather caused migration to change.  

Technically this was shot in late December 2020 but I thought it worth sharing here anyhow.

Upland_Hunter
On 1/6/2021 at 3:42 PM, Scar said:

This little setter is quite the dog.  She set up on these birds when they were scattered across the side of a hill.  She wasn't sure where they were exactly as they were pretty scattered.  When she went on point Tom and I were 200 yards or so from her and it took a bit for us to get to her.  As we moved to her she relocated at least twice VERY carefully trying to figure out where the covey was located.  As you can see from the video they were all over that hillside.  I don't see how she managed not to flush one.  What a dog!

Nice shot!!!!

24 minutes ago, Upland_Hunter said:

Nice shot!!!!

Thanks but not really.  I missed the first shot but scratched him down with the second.  Tom's shot on the second bird up was much more solid than either of mine.