2021 Hunting VIDEOS: Post 'em Here!

Fire Marshal Bill

Thanks for sharing. That was some really nice dog work. I enjoyed it. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scar

• Payton

• spring

• chilly460

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone wanting to "shoot" their birds with their phone or perhaps video a friend shooting or a friend video taping you shooting a bird, post 'em here! As for me, I'm completely satisfied videoing

Go-pro video of something a bit unusual for our neck of the woods. My dog was on point, and as I made my way over to him I flushed a cotton-tail rabbit, a very, very rare beast in the parts we usually

Some great videos, keep them coming.   Here a couple I put together, one day I’ll stop being lazy and wear the GoPro.         

I don't recall mentioning this in this thread, but my dog flags about 1/2 of her birds. Years ago I used train differently and would pick dogs up, shake them, and move them back to where they should have pointed. IMO that CAUSED dogs to flag. They wanted to move forward but knew that I wouldn't permit it, so they'd stay where they were and "move" the only part of their body that they could: their tail! I switched to a silent method over 20 years ago letting them learn on their own that birds can't be caught (thank you pigeons and launchers!), and since then, my dogs typically have great intensity. This young dog of mine is a bird finder extraordonaire (YAY) but flags often (BOO). Today she found two covies less than 90 minutes and flagged both of them :(

Feb 27 Covey #1 - YouTube

Feb 27 Covey #2 - YouTube

How do you embed the video with a screenshot of what's in the video? I successfully did it a few times by accident :D  but I don't know how to do it every time.

13 hours ago, Payton said:

How do you embed the video with a screenshot of what's in the video? I successfully did it a few times by accident :D  but I don't know how to do it every time.

I sent a DM earlier but I think I misinterpreted your question.  I'll try again.

To get YouTube vids to show as an image on the bulletin board you just copy the "share" link directly from YouTube (it will look something like this https://youtu.be/((1234agb)   You can then post that link by right-clicking in the response box on UJ and choosing copy from the drop down menu.  Once you post that link into the response box here on UJ it will convert automatically to show the image.  

Not all bulletin boards are as simple to use as UJ.  Brad has done a fabulous job of giving us a well run place to share our hobby.

I hope this helps.

On 3/2/2021 at 9:51 AM, Scar said:

I sent a DM earlier but I think I misinterpreted your question.  I'll try again.

To get YouTube vids to show as an image on the bulletin board you just copy the "share" link directly from YouTube (it will look something like this https://youtu.be/((1234agb)   You can then post that link by right-clicking in the response box on UJ and choosing copy from the drop down menu.  Once you post that link into the response box here on UJ it will convert automatically to show the image.  

Not all bulletin boards are as simple to use as UJ.  Brad has done a fabulous job of giving us a well run place to share our hobby.

I hope this helps.

It definitely helps! 

Next question: any editing tools to make a flake dog appear staunch  😛

Brad Eden

NOTE ON POSTING VIDEOS

When I first converted to this new Software in 2016 I had enabled Contributing Members to be able to Upload Photos and also Upload Videos directly to the Board/server. I learned quickly that videos sucked up a huge amount of bandwidth and space. When a Member loaded huge files one night I found the Board had gone way over Quota and had crashed. That’s not good and it was a cluster getting everything squared away. I disabled that function. There was/is no way I can afford to upgrade my software data package to accommodate Video Uploads under the Donation funding structure.

With that said does anyone wish to add some info, instruction, advice to Members on how they are successfully posting videos here? I typically add videos to my YouTube Channel where I can then copy the URL and post live videos on Board.

Scar, 

That's some sparse cover. Do the birds have a tendency to high tail it (no pun) from bush to bush? The dogs seemed to act as if the birds were running.

Had a good day today. Ran dogs with a friend where his old dog put on a woodcock finding exhibition, but my dog found the two bunches of quail: one with his older dog on the ground and the one below with his younger dog. After visiting with my 83 year old mom, then going home for a nap, I went out again and my dog finally looked like a million bucks (she's been flagging too frequently :()

On 3/8/2021 at 8:25 PM, Payton said:

Scar, 

That's some sparse cover. Do the birds have a tendency to high tail it (no pun) from bush to bush? The dogs seemed to act as if the birds were running.

Yes, our bobwhite move ahead of the dogs frequently.  They were certainly doing so in this video.  They did so more this past season than I've ever seen.

Check out the distance we cover in this video.  These birds ran 50 yards after the first point.

On 3/21/2021 at 11:28 AM, Scar said:

Yes, our bobwhite move ahead of the dogs frequently.  They were certainly doing so in this video.  They did so more this past season than I've ever seen.

Check out the distance we cover in this video.  These birds ran 50 yards after the first point.

They've rightly figured out that it's safer to run than to fly 🙂  I've had a few covies like that around here (KY and IN), but it's rare . . . perhaps because we have more cover and it's simply easier to fly than to run through the higher weeds and such. It's frustrating when the birds run but hey, the birds don't always cooperate! I hunted that same (March 20) covey again, and after a few point and relocate, point and relocate attempts, my dog leaves the general area only to come back again and this time they flush wild before she can point them. She then bumps a single but nails another pair of birds that landed together and points a woodcock, so that tells me she wants to do right. As I'm sure you know, all birds won't be successfully pointed.

• 3 weeks later...

Insomnia last night resulted in this long-outstanding project getting finished.

Scar, what's Dot's breeding?

Here's a planted pigeon workout from this morning (I was playing around with slow-mo and here's a bird contact that almost became a wipeout :D). Now that it's gotten too warm to really hunt for any length of time, I've been doing short pigeon workouts in my backyard, and what's surprising, is that she has been staunch on nearly all of the planted pigeons but she has been flagging on a a large percentage of wild birds. Assuming that the staunch on pigeon phenomena continues, I'm hoping that it'll carryover to wild birds when I go back to hunting them this fall.