Will there be a 2021 Fly Swap

ElhewAngler

Will there be a 2021 fly swap?  Thanks

browndrake

Yes, I'm sure there will be. 

I've kinda headed it up the last few years.   I don't mind keeping on with that role but don't want to be presumptuous.  If anybody else is  itching to run it or tired of me doing so, I'll let the next take over.

If not, do people want a theme for it this year? Or just the some favorites and have fun?

Let's decide what we want to do, then we can start an actual fly swap rules and sign up thread. 

Brad Eden

Wonderful UJ tradition. Browndrake does a great job. Let me know if I can be if any assistance.

Geoff Roznak

I'm looking forward to whatever is decided on.  As a bass/pike/musky fly angler, I don't tie anything small, but would will participate if the group chooses something I'm capable of.

I'd like to participate and will tie what ever the group decides.  I always enjoy the swap.

ElhewAngler

Looking forward to tying.  Whatever the group decides works for me.  Thanks Steve

browndrake

I don't mind just tying whatever, but themes can be fun too.  What say ye?

favorite fly?

terrestrials and other non aquatic patterns?

first pattern you ever learned?

pattern that you have given away the most or sold the most?

pattern that you invented?

one of these? any other ideas? 

No theme, just tie away?

Thanks.

aaron

How about two flys.....one the largest non articulated you can tie with materials you have and the other the smallest?????

I'm certainly ok with this. Will have to practice a few small ones as I haven't tied anything smaller than size 18 in a few years.  Keith, your white and red  pike fly from last years swap did really well on the Michigan Smallmouth last summer.

2 hours ago, D. Case said:

I'm certainly ok with this. Will have to practice a few small ones as I haven't tied anything smaller than size 18 in a few years.  Keith, your white and red  pike fly from last years swap did really well on the Michigan Smallmouth last summer.

Cool...good to hear.....I'm not well versed in small flies either but I need the practice

browndrake

If we do this, I'll be set for trout sucking midges this winter and for pike this spring.

Also, everyone will need to send a package larger than an altoid tin. 

Anybody else want to chime in? If not we will run with this. 

Geoff Roznak
19 hours ago, Keith said:

How about two flys.....one the largest non articulated you can tie with materials you have and the other the smallest?????

This was a few years ago, I can get bigger now.  Better hooks are available.

Big-Clown.jpg

I'd be interested. Kinda would like to hear what type of flies it ends up being before committing. 

2 hours ago, ness said:

I'd be interested. Kinda would like to hear what type of flies it ends up being before committing. 

I would say whatever you’re comfortable tying or however hard you want to challenge yourself for both the large and small 

• Brad Eden changed the title to Will there be a 2021 Fly Swap