2021 UJ Fly Swap

browndrake

Glad to have you.   It is lots of fun and I have learned many new patterns from the many participants. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• browndrake

• Geoff Roznak

• ElhewAngler

• Swampy 16

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm kind of excited about this. I have a pattern in mind, that I have never tied.  Not saying what it is in case it flops but have been wanting to do it for a while now... With this year's swap I have

I think that is a great question that needs answered to tie for this theme.  My guess is that most people here wont have heavier than 8wt, several may not have bigger than 6.  Unless they do salt or t

Interesting for sure!  May have to target fish other than trout.  A nice adventure. 

Bloodhound
1 hour ago, Bloodhound said:

am a newish tier and have never participated in this swap.  But I can tie two styles and would like to participate.  I have watched these swaps in the last few years, It always looks like a ton of fun.

I am a trout guy in the Colorado high country, so I rarly throw anything bigger than a 7wt streamer...But someday I want to fish Iceland and put my 8/9 weight Fenwick Glass to work...so I am good with bigger flys...I have never fished salt...but again that doesn't mean that I don't have the desire, some gear and will save a fly or two that fits that usage.

Getting kinda pumped about this swap :)

browndrake

I fish salt every once in a while but live in the middle of Utah and mostly chase trout also! But we do have stripers  and black bass in lake Powell and have some amazing pike just north of me.

brushbuster

I’ll bite this year but I only know a few patterns largest is a  size 14 hook unfortunately, smallest is a 20ish size if that works.

browndrake
2 hours ago, brushbuster said:

I’ll bite this year but I only know a few patterns largest is a  size 14 hook unfortunately, smallest is a 20ish size if that works.

Welcome aboard. Tie what you can, and have fun! 

Geoff Roznak

It's going to be an interesting package to open.

ElhewAngler

Interesting for sure!  May have to target fish other than trout.  A nice adventure. 

browndrake

I'm kind of excited about this. I have a pattern in mind, that I have never tied.  Not saying what it is in case it flops but have been wanting to do it for a while now... With this year's swap I have the motivation to do it.  When/if it works out, I'll post a pic.   If not, I'll tie big ones I already tie for pike.

ElhewAngler

Yes this going to be cool.  Lot more work tying the articulated stuff. 🤨 but still fun.  Excited to see the package when it arrives

• 2 weeks later...
Geoff Roznak

I didn't see a "closed to new entries" date, so I thought I'd ask.

The way it looks right now is 9 sets of two flies.

browndrake
On 1/4/2021 at 11:33 PM, browndrake said:

Commitment deadline: lets say Valentine's weekend  (this is when people need to commit that they are in the swap).

- Completion deadline - Flies should be completed and in the mail to me by March 15th

Correct, as of now  9ea of two patterns.   Just over two weeks left to sign up.  

Geoff Roznak
1 hour ago, browndrake said:

Correct, as of now  9ea of two patterns.   Just over two weeks left to sign up.  

Thanks - sorry for my poor reading skills.

• 2 weeks later...
browndrake

Reminder, only one week left to sign up for the fly swap!

browndrake

Swap entry officially closed yesterday. 

One person backed out for this season, so we have 8 participants.   So, we need to tie 8 each.  One for each other participant and one for Brad... he can use as wishes but generally puts in auction. 

Deadline to finish and mail to me is 15 March.   I will pm everyone my address. 

Looking forward to this.

Thanks