Dog ate a squeaker

Mike Connally
33 minutes ago, WPG Gizmo said:

Dogs eat all sorts of things and pass them with no issues I hate to tell you how many socks I have found in the back yard.

Put your ear to his belly and poke him a few time to see if you hear it

I think he’s trying that right now. 

9460F472-5C00-4061-AC12-1666726807A6.jpeg

FF9D89F4-6CF0-4A93-AFCA-8E52C19A7EDB.jpeg

Brad Eden

It’s amazing how much we keep track of our dogs poop, and how relieved we are when they drop a deuce.

Mike Connally
1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

It’s amazing how much we keep track of our dogs poop, and how relieved we are when they drop a deuce.

Well...tonight it was just loose diarrhea. We’ll see what happens in the morning. 
The saga continues. 

As long as he's eating, drinking, peeing, pooping, eyes not sagging and head held high, looks pretty good. Anything different and a trip to the vet; biggest concern is obstruction which is a potential nightmare. 

Are you sure he ate it?

Good boy, Gunner -  now straighten up and quit worryin' yer master!

4setters

Mike, Thank your luck stars--at least so far.  My daughter can relate a different story where a cat swallowed a toy sqeaker, and $5,000 later was on the mend.  

I'm presently mulling over changes to my will . . . . . . .  

bigjohnsd

If he isn't squeaking when he farts all is well.

Mike Connally
On 1/7/2021 at 6:17 PM, SODAKer said:

As long as he's eating, drinking, peeing, pooping, eyes not sagging and head held high, looks pretty good. Anything different and a trip to the vet; biggest concern is obstruction which is a potential nightmare. 

Are you sure he ate it?

Yep. He ate it in one big gulp when my wife tried to take it. No symptoms of any kind right now. He’s hunted 3 days already so he could have deposited it in the woods somewhere.  He seems ok but I’ve got my eyes open. He’s going out again tomorrow afternoon. I think we are past the danger point. 

Good to hear Mike. That gut thing is a horrible thing to wait through with a dogger 

Cooter Brown

Glad to hear he's on track.

My Jeb got into a big pile of cooked beef bones a week ago tomorrow--I hope we're past the danger point too.

Fishnfowler

Reminds me of the time my friends dog pooped out a whole nylon stocking while we were hunting.  He was trying to wrap it up with two sticks and pull it out, it ended up coming out with a pop and wrapped around his forearm.  Still makes me laugh.  

Jazz4Brazo
On 1/10/2021 at 6:05 PM, Mike Connally said:

Yep. He ate it in one big gulp when my wife tried to take it. No symptoms of any kind right now. He’s hunted 3 days already so he could have deposited it in the woods somewhere.  He seems ok but I’ve got my eyes open. He’s going out again tomorrow afternoon. I think we are past the danger point. 

Had a Brit that ate everything and anything including the kids Halloween finger rings...the master of swallowing tea while I had fingers down her throat...learnt to always have hydrogen peroxide on hand which saved me many anxious days waiting around for her to poop out the latest J-Cloth.

Good luck!!