2021 Hunting Photos-Post Them Here...

Brad Eden

I got nothing....but people are still Posting Photos in the 2020 Topic...here is a new Hunting Photo Topic for 2021.

Go for it.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greg Hartman

• gjw

• DD Huntress

• fourtrax57

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t do the bucket list bit, but I do have a few things I’ve set my mind on getting done.  One was to see my 84-year-old father shoot a bird over my English Setter, Archie.     I took my fat

at almost 14yrs old his career is over but a 20 minute walk on easy trails still produces fun now and again

Sage, the hun dog.   Scotch Double   The blue Subie gets me some pretty neat places   Warm November days  

Posted Images

DD Huntress

I get to be the first!! I accidentally posted this in 2020 hunting pics 

20210107_140103.jpg

Might be a good time to switch to a 2021-2022 format and then go with a timeframe to cover the common bird seasons.  A licensing year of summer-to-summer made more sense to me than a calendar year as done here in Nebraska.

Dave in Maine

Then move to PA, where the licensing year is 7/1-6/30.

FlyChamps
3 hours ago, kgb said:

Might be a good time to switch to a 2021-2022 format and then go with a timeframe to cover the common bird seasons.  A licensing year of summer-to-summer made more sense to me than a calendar year as done here in Nebraska.

Yeah, but fishermen will make the opposite argument.

North Carolina and South Carolina issue licenses for one year from the date of purchase - you get to choose your license year.

Here in SC when you turn age 64 you can buy a lifetime license for $9, which covers all basic small & big game hunting and fresh and saltwater fishing except for the Federal Duck Stamp.  It's been 8 years since I bought a South Carolina license so my hunting and fishing license money goes for out-of-state hunting and fishing.

Had a fun hunt with a group of friends as we limited out on woodies with some mergansers on top.  My 9 year-old yellow lab got to hunt with his littermate, who he has only seen a couple of times since their puppy days. Anyway, a fun morning. 

Gu2MBTZt_t.gif

14 hours ago, Dave in Maine said:

Then move to PA, where the licensing year is 7/1-6/30.

years ago SC's license was like that.  I like the concept of buying a license and it's good for a total of 365 days.  Don't want to go back to our old license where it expires in july no matter if you bought one in June.  I buy a sportsman's license here in SC and it covers hunting ,fishing, game land, big game and salt water.

chilly460

Snuck in a couple woodcock hunts with the wife, really enjoyed her shooting birds over Mae in her first season.  

IMG-3094.jpg

I'm continuing my Gus on a stump series.  He is not impressed since we stopped for the pictures way too soon.  But he put up with it.   We have 2 hunts left in the 2020 season (In the Iowa hunting world, 2021 starts March 1).  

2S6BRFX.jpg

RIuBT1t.jpg

Dave in Maine
2 hours ago, mccuha said:

years ago SC's license was like that.  I like the concept of buying a license and it's good for a total of 365 days.  Don't want to go back to our old license where it expires in july no matter if you bought one in June.  I buy a sportsman's license here in SC and it covers hunting ,fishing, game land, big game and salt water.

In PA the fishing license runs 1/1-12/31.  You can't buy the combined hunt and fish license there (like you can in Maine) because it doesn't exist.  Their Game Commission and Fish and Boat Commissions are separate bureaucracies, unlike in Maine, where IFW is one.

This was posted in the 20/21 pheasant thread but it happened on the last day of the season, January 1, 2021

IMG_20210101_154044354.thumb.jpg.dadaa7f2e0802b9c3913f56846feda41.jpg

IMG_20210101_165853000.thumb.jpg.9bbb0c8da114cc7a006bff9dc8eb769f.jpg

When all the woodcock have headed south and we can’t find anymore leftover Phez.... we chase cottontails.

136059713_3645615008851258_4253825101234144462_n.thumb.jpg.c9f988d94f1b106010ebcecefe65d497.jpg

1971snipe

My buddy spotted this bird on the ground, with Lizzy on point.  I told him not to take the pic, but he did anyway.  The bird flushed, and of course he missed.  

53837.jpeg

I shot a rare subspecies of bobwhite quail today. 

Banded. 

802ECEB0-095F-4E18-9EE9-15960F6D5EE6.jpeg

DD Huntress

Old Ches got a bird. Not sure if this will be his last.

20210110_085848.jpg