2021 Hunting Photos-Post Them Here...

My camera has about had it, in certain lighting it is downright poor but fortunately it doesn't have much longer to go. I can still recognize Crow at least, and the milkweed came out clear.

IMG_20210923_Crow3.thumb.jpg.4ae1c2ae5645953966d45d2d9c6c837b.jpg

IMG_20210923_101301.thumb.jpg.f77fdfa2490ccd0f5b4c29b5fef465ea.jpg

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greg Hartman

• gjw

• DD Huntress

• fourtrax57

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t do the bucket list bit, but I do have a few things I’ve set my mind on getting done.  One was to see my 84-year-old father shoot a bird over my English Setter, Archie.     I took my fat

at almost 14yrs old his career is over but a 20 minute walk on easy trails still produces fun now and again

Sage, the hun dog.   Scotch Double   The blue Subie gets me some pretty neat places   Warm November days  

Posted Images

Wes Stueber
2 hours ago, kgb said:

My camera has about had it, in certain lighting it is downright poor but fortunately it doesn't have much longer to go. I can still recognize Crow at least, and the milkweed came out clear.

Tell us more about Crow?  He looks like a great little dog..!  Is he a young Gordon Setter..?

Brittman

IMG_20210923_Crow3.thumb.jpg.4ae1c2ae5645953966d45d2d9c6c837b.jpg

IMG_20210923_101301.thumb.jpg.f77fdfa2490ccd0f5b4c29b5fef465ea.jpg

11 hours ago, Wes Stueber said:

Tell us more about Crow?  He looks like a great little dog..!  Is he a young Gordon Setter..?

Brittman

He's a 4 year old Gordon, as they go I'd call him young.  He and his littermate Gin still act like puppies, which is fine with me most of the time, I think it's in part because they are always together and feed off one another.  For the most part I hunt them individually so they don't have so great a chance to compete and I can concentrate on just the one at a time.  This is them at pickup day and at 2 years of age, been a fun couple of pups.

PuppyPickup.jpg

Pupsat2b.jpg

Way too hot.   Birds ate tucked into the coolest, shadiest, damp crannies in the timber.

20210928_142051.jpg

Short trip to Michigan for 2 days of grouse hunting and a bit of brookie fishing.  We moved fair numbers of birds and all told the camp took around 10 grouse and 20 woodcock.   Very nice trip and I'll be doing it again next year.

Onaway 2.jpeg

Onaway 4.jpg

Onaway 6.jpg

Unfortunately, that truck isn't mine. It belongs to one of the guys in the camp. He bought it right if you know what I mean.

I admit to being a little bit surprised that people haven't asked for more photos of the bourbon.

5 Huns 2 Sharptails. 
Perazzi MX20. 
Tater my friend. 

25D433CF-AEBD-4D5E-B2FC-C2A653AC26B2.jpeg

Craig Doherty

Just some of the woodcock shot during 2.5 days in New Brunswick this week.  We moved 79 woodcock and 24 grouse although grouse season was not open yet.  

F766B027-741B-45ED-AA17-283F46EE27A6_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.0f16813fc299463e21a200d0c2021224.jpeg

OldSarge

Took a stroll across the road today. Shot very poorly. Missed two t-ball shots with the first barrel. Was so stunned that I missed them that I forgot to shoot the second barrel. Shot at another that I was sure was stone dead but couldn’t find a thing with three dogs working. Foot flushed a woodcock, saw the dogs were on point right in front of me, figured it was the woodcock I just flushed, but no, it was a grouse. Caught me with my head up my butt. No shot, just hurled invective. All told we moved 7 grouse and 8 woodcock. Was able to scratch this one big gray phase down. Too dang hot at 80+ degrees, but only hunted for an hour and a half. Excellent morning. Archery deer season starts this afternoon. Time for a shower. 

6F17AE3F-0920-47EC-91F7-500B1E3A04C4.jpeg

mister grouse

Sarge, if you had carried that 870 with you today likely you could ve killed them all 😎.

Enjoying your reports

Hey all, went out solo today.  Nice day.  It was hot, dry and no real wind...you know those perfect scenting conditions!  But, I did manage to get a Hun and a Sharpie.  I should have had one more grouse, but......I blew the shot!  Well, it ain't the first time and sure as heck won't be the last.  Addie did very well considering.  She's doing darn good, very happy with her.

Today was Hammer time.  I used my 16ga Carl Goluch

nRWcNVw.jpg

Best,

Greg