• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greg Hartman

• gjw

• DD Huntress

• fourtrax57

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t do the bucket list bit, but I do have a few things I’ve set my mind on getting done.  One was to see my 84-year-old father shoot a bird over my English Setter, Archie.     I took my fat

at almost 14yrs old his career is over but a 20 minute walk on easy trails still produces fun now and again

Sage, the hun dog.   Scotch Double   The blue Subie gets me some pretty neat places   Warm November days  

Posted Images

Didn’t do so well chasing grouse on the MASS phez/grouse opener on Saturday AM and the WMA was empty of stocked birds when I hit it Saturday afternoon. And of course I had to travel for work all week. Got home last last night and this AM my lab Emmit gave me that “ there’s no way you’re going in to work today…..we got birds to chase”

So we hit the WMA this AM. Nice MA limit on phez in 30 minutes and the chased timber doodles for a while. Didn’t seem there was as many flushes as a week or so ago but we still manages to knock down two. Really wanted that third bird for a WC limit… still a good day in the woods

05B24F0D-350D-4107-A96B-D136C983831E.thumb.png.cedce130b7b9dd9401b449cc743a8f96.png

Once my kids got home from school and asked about the mornings hunt they both wanted to go back out and hunt with dad so we headed down to a WMA in CT to chase some more stocked phez. One of the few benefits of living so close to the state line between MA and CT. 

5E7B26A8-AC73-47A5-A11A-8562275AB7CD.thumb.jpeg.8434d2871bec42950907ddfcde5f23bc.jpeg

Kids are already excited about pheasant nuggets. 

mister grouse

Good job Steve, erh Cooter.....

Heard  a rumor you hit a real good spot .  Enjoy it.  You deserve a great hunt.  Looks like you stuck your nose in the right place.  

Cooter Brown
Just now, mister grouse said:

Good job Steve, erh Cooter.....

Heard  a rumor you hit a real good spot .  Enjoy it.  You deserve a great hunt.

Thank you, Joe.  Found a piece of heaven in the UP.

Cooter Brown

This is the man who taught me how to use maps to kill grouse.  And his dog.

He's 88. She's four.  They both gave 'em hell.  Only one of 'em got quilled.

1259252922_monteandVixUP21.thumb.jpg.9c3627bfc1a75123a877bd611c1e3a58.jpg

dogrunner

Old timer making some of his last retrieves. 

FB485875-D3A6-4FBF-BE29-C6D8E2A0CE57.jpeg

BBlizzard18

2 for 9 yesterday, moved 7 woodcock and 2 grouse.  I used a couple woodcock points trying to get pictures..Pup surprised me with a very solid point on a grouse, at 3.5 years old I feel like I’m starting to see all the training and experience starting to pay off.  He’s staying closer, targeting bird habitat, not crowding birds (some times), it’s been fun to watch his development. Looking forward to the next hunt.  
DA25586B-C2F7-4929-AEF7-535EE800ECFB.thumb.jpeg.eb055816f0e30a41313d34b126e5dd51.jpeg