• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greg Hartman

• gjw

• DD Huntress

• fourtrax57

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t do the bucket list bit, but I do have a few things I’ve set my mind on getting done.  One was to see my 84-year-old father shoot a bird over my English Setter, Archie.     I took my fat

at almost 14yrs old his career is over but a 20 minute walk on easy trails still produces fun now and again

Sage, the hun dog.   Scotch Double   The blue Subie gets me some pretty neat places   Warm November days  

Posted Images

Wes Stueber
On 9/9/2021 at 2:36 PM, h20fwler said:

3tmrven.jpg

Your dog really knows HOW to pose...!  (Great looking duck spot, too!)

Brittman

Hey all, well today was the opener for Grouse and Huns.  It was a good day, temps lower, winds not too bad and sunny.  We hunted a ranch  where we have for close to 20 years now.  Some of the prairie has been hayed, but still enough to hunt.  We saw more grouse today than we have in the last couple years.  Most of the birds were young (that's good!).  Took Raina out and she did well, a bit tuckered as she is a bit out of shape, but she stuck with it.  I was able to limit in an hour and a half.  Got a double out of one group and then a single out of another.  Jim managed 1.  It was one of those not in the right place and the right time.

Anyway, here's Raina with the days tally.  Jim used his AyA 20ga

QK89z4T.jpg

Here's my birds.  I was using my "meat" gun.  A Charles Boswell 16b BLE. 

HL7m1qJ.jpg

It was a good day with number 2 son.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Best!

Greg

Finally got out for my first dove shoot of 2021 season. Went alone to a corn field. Didn’t have but an hour to hunt but it was worth it.  Birds still flying when I left. Perazzi MX28 32” barrels, 13 birds. 

A3085F99-6E00-4817-887C-7F7EEF4149B4.jpeg

Wes Stueber
4 hours ago, h20fwler said:

UAFfPRS.jpg

Great looking dogs you have there.  Were the birds craws full of corn, I assume?  (We have TOO many silage fields opened up here now...). Best of luck there!

20 hours ago, Wes Stueber said:

Great looking dogs you have there.  Were the birds craws full of corn, I assume?  (We have TOO many silage fields opened up here now...). Best of luck there!

Thanks!

Baby girl on the left is my 4YO partner Darcy, on the right is 3Y0 Astro that I have been working with for my sons friend.

Surprisingly most of the crops were full of what looked like Johnson grass seeds. 

From this morning. Would you believe we were teal hunting?

There is a market for Spandex/Kevlar/Teflon body suit for dogs.

20210914_103638.jpg