2021 Hunting Photos-Post Them Here...

Hey all, went out after work today for about an hour, not much time to hunt, but I was able to get 1.  Saw a few more, but for some reason, they were a bit skittish.  Happy with the one!

I used t 16b John Wilkes today.

WtANMPg.jpg

Best,

Greg

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gjw

• Greg Hartman

• DD Huntress

• fourtrax57

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

at almost 14yrs old his career is over but a 20 minute walk on easy trails still produces fun now and again

Sage, the hun dog.   Scotch Double   The blue Subie gets me some pretty neat places   Warm November days  

Snuck in a couple woodcock hunts with the wife, really enjoyed her shooting birds over Mae in her first season.  

Posted Images

Opening day in MI. Battled the leaves, swarms of bugs, hordes of ticks, wolves (for real), and work schedule to get out in the woods for a few hours this afternoon. Had a great hunt behind the house. Moved 11 grouse and one woodcock. Had a few blown opportunities, but did manage to get two in the chop box. Dog work was pretty darn good, considering. 

12A8378B-4403-4714-95AC-AD76F83E19E3.jpeg

This guy was on my trail cam yesterday and for the last couple weeks I’ve caught several pics of him and two others. Thankfully my dogs hunt close and I can keep an eye on them. Hoping increased activity make the wolves move off cuz I ain’t leaving. Incidentally, this pic is 200 yards from my back porch and 20 yards from where my setters pointed a 4 bird covey today. I got one of the birds and my wife missed two. 

4EA78874-BB89-425A-BE1A-9FCEE4BD2307.jpeg

Hey all, went out solo today to the area where we went on opener.....saw 5 grouse!  Not at all like the opener!  I did manage to get a double on some Huns, but....lost one in the flowers (hate doing that).  Addie die very well considering. Boy, grouse sure are a funny bird...never know where or when they will be one place or the next.  Still, great to get out!

Addie, the hun and my 16ga FN

SEraJD4.jpg

Best,

Greg

Wes Stueber
1 minute ago, gjw said:

Hey all, went out solo today to the area where we went on opener.....saw 5 grouse!  Not at all like the opener!  I did manage to get a double on some Huns, but....lost one in the flowers (hate doing that).  Addie die very well considering. Boy, grouse sure are a funny bird...never know where or when they will be one place or the next.  Still, great to get out!

Addie, the hun and my 16ga FN

SEraJD4.jpg

Best,

Greg

Greg,

Was it hayed off on the other side of the fence there?  Great photo of your pup, bird and SXS..!  Thanks.

Brittman

Thanks for the kind words!  No it was grazed off.  The place I hunted has been hayed over, but still lots of good cover (that was on the other side of the road).

The flowers are really bad, only about chest high in the best areas, most of them about hip high.  The one I lost was hit, sailed off and then dropped quite always off, and of course in the thick stuff! The dog was going after the one that I first shot, so she wasn't able to mark it down, she won't have been able to see it anyway.  Oh well, what a shame!

Thanks again!

Greg

Hey all, had just a short time to hunt today, my partner (daughter Patty) had to be home early.

Saw grouse, but for some odd reason they sure were spooky, Raina would get wind of them, and up they went out of range.  Odd behavior, as the area we hunted hasn't been hunted so far this season.  Oh well, that's hunting!

Raina did manage to pin some huns down and I managed one out of that covey.

Patty and Raina.  Patty was using a 20ga Yildiz

DdIpcC3.jpg

I used my 16b Charles Hellis today

zDdPYFM.jpg

We'll see what tomorrow brings!

Best,

Greg

Went out after Church today (we had early Mass) just hunted one area.  Saw lot's of birds....but, they sure were spooky again!  They kept getting up just out of range.  Did shoot one more (feathers flew and both legs dropped), but he sailed over a ridge.  Looked and looked, just couldn't find him! The other two were singles that were in range.  Addie did well but started to get over heated (temp is at 82), so I figured I'd quit for the day.  I shot three so I was happy and didn't want to be a game hog anyway.

I used my 16ga Ugartechea 1030

kzMbqvC.jpg

Addie, one hot and tired pup!

HXck77Q.jpg

Best,

Greg

Hey all, went out after work for a quick hunt.  Old lady luck smiled on me.  I was able to limit in 45 minutes.  Raina did well, the weather was perfect!  Couldn't ask for more!

I used my 16b Charles Hellis today

mZq88fn.jpg

4YY2EtD.jpg

Best,

Greg