2021 Hunting Photos-Post Them Here...

Upland_Hunter
On 9/21/2021 at 10:26 AM, snapt said:

51500417754_73cbbcc3c8_z.jpg

Beautiful point!! Does not get any nicer than this!!

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greg Hartman

• gjw

• DD Huntress

• fourtrax57

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t do the bucket list bit, but I do have a few things I’ve set my mind on getting done.  One was to see my 84-year-old father shoot a bird over my English Setter, Archie.     I took my fat

at almost 14yrs old his career is over but a 20 minute walk on easy trails still produces fun now and again

Sage, the hun dog.   Scotch Double   The blue Subie gets me some pretty neat places   Warm November days  

Posted Images

Hey all, well my daughter Patty and I went out today.  It was a very good day!  Patty got her first bird!  One proud papa here.  She got it with 1 shot and it went down hard.  I also got one.  We both got ours after a bunch got up wild, no shots on them.  But as always with Sharpies, there were a couple of lonesome Charlies.  Addie went with today, she did very well, good solid points and nice retrieves to hand.  She's going to be another Old Girl (Duchess was one of best dogs I've ever owned).  At 2 1/2 years she is really doing well. Very happy with her.  My other GSP Raina is going on the sidelines for awhile.  She's got a pretty good gash under her leg.  So until she heals up...Addie will have to take the lead.  Anyway, a very good day!

Patty and her first bird.  She was using a Yildiz 20ga

snXbVLv.jpg

zpMCqnp.jpg

I used the old meat gun today, my 16b Boswell

uXzESzN.jpg

Best

Greg

Maicie and I got out for the opening of the woodcock season and scratched down a couple. It was nice morning 

26287CBF-5712-4350-92C7-595481EF688B.jpeg

Upland_Hunter
4 hours ago, gjw said:

Hey all, well my daughter Patty and I went out today.  It was a very good day!  Patty got her first bird!  One proud papa here.  She got it with 1 shot and it went down hard.  I also got one.  We both got ours after a bunch got up wild, no shots on them.  But as always with Sharpies, there were a couple of lonesome Charlies.  Addie went with today, she did very well, good solid points and nice retrieves to hand.  She's going to be another Old Girl (Duchess was one of best dogs I've ever owned).  At 2 1/2 years she is really doing well. Very happy with her.  My other GSP Raina is going on the sidelines for awhile.  She's got a pretty good gash under her leg.  So until she heals up...Addie will have to take the lead.  Anyway, a very good day!

Patty and her first bird.  She was using a Yildiz 20ga

snXbVLv.jpg

zpMCqnp.jpg

I used the old meat gun today, my 16b Boswell

uXzESzN.jpg

Best

Greg

Nice to see the younger generation taking an interest in hunting upland birds, Especially women!!

Yesterday's, Spruce grouse not in Alaska. 

Whoops. Forgot the dog with the sprucies, but not with the ruffs.

20210925_103442.jpg

20210925_151155.jpg

Edited by BrentD
Forgot Gus

Best feeling ever: your 11yo Setter using your foot for a pillow. 

D5EB9355-CAAB-466F-9032-D752E2474D25.jpeg

Hey all, number 2 son (Jim) and I went out after Church for a short hunt prior to Sunday afternoon company coming over.  Jim got 1 and I managed 2.  My 2 were both passing shots from birds that flew over.  Kind of fun!

Anyway, I used my 16ga Arrieta 871

Aqtk3Tu.jpg

Jim used his 20ga AyA

8qGw1Hs.jpg

And.........Addie!

DUoQnHW.jpg

Best,

Greg

Archery practice interrupted. There are grapes growing to the right of those evergreens. Journey, in front, had a grouse pinned in the tree line as Willow and Smooch back her. No shot, since I was holding the Mathews Triax. 

E8B3B37E-8E55-4790-8452-40DB82FB9BAB.jpeg