Anyone else still able to hunt?

topdog1961

I’m just wondering how other state’s game laws compare to Ohio. Our archery is still open (from late September) to Feb 7th. That’s a long season. I’ve taken 3, including my one state wide buck, in my county. That’s after eating tag soup two years in a row. That’s the limit for my county but I can take, I believe, 3 more in other counties. I have stands in adjacent counties but my freezer is full and I don’t know anyone who hunts past muzzle loader the first weekend in January. I may have a little last season out of desperation. 

How late can you hunt in your state? 

Brad Eden

Maine Deer

Expanded/management archery season generally runs Sept 12-Dec 12 in designated zones, mostly coastal, islands and urban areas.

Statewide Regular Archery generally runs the month of October.

Firearm season generally runs the month of November.

Muzzleloader season generally runs the first week in Dec in some WMD’s (Wildlife Management Districts) and until Dec 12 in other WMD’s 

We've been done chasing whitetails for a month. And are now enjoying the spoils.

957D98B3-2E84-411A-95FF-04618213C220.jpeg

In Alabama our gun season opened November 21 and closes February 10.   The area I hunt our rut is just getting started.  Went yesterday afternoon and saw 12 does and little deer.  

gaberdeen

Can hunt in the zone I live in NJ till mid feb muzzy or shotgun.

Can hunt as much as I would like until it gets dark today.... 😀

SelbyLowndes
13 minutes ago, spring said:

Can hunt as much as I would like until it gets dark today.... 😀

Yep, Georgia deer season ends today. I think I'll hunt my groundblind with the Western view to see the sunset.  I'll use my Sauer combination gun in 12ga/.43 Mauser.  Any deer besides a wall-hanger is perfectly safe...SelbyLowndes 

bigjohnsd

SD Pheasant season goes on until January 31st this year for the first time.

Candian Goose season is open over on the Missouri River.

For some reason, I can't get motivated to go.  

Indiana arch closed Jan 3rd. The Reduction Zones are open, I think til the 20th, but for most of the state you're limited to using your bumper once again.

I'm in TX right now. Buck season ended Jan 3. Can shoot does and spikes until Jan 17

topdog1961
On 1/10/2021 at 8:10 AM, Brad Eden said:

957D98B3-2E84-411A-95FF-04618213C220.jpeg

Ahh..Bacon and venison, those go good together. But then again, what doesn’t go good with bacon? My favorite technique is to marinate cubed backstrap or inner loin, then wrap with thin sliced bacon, secure with a water soaked toothpick, then throw on the grille. A slice of jalapeño can be buried in the wrap if you like spice. These make an excellent appetizer, but only make a few because you and your lucky guests will gobble up all you make and be full before the meal is served. There won’t be any leftovers of these. You must use a grille, a griddle doesn’t do it. 

I like to marinate the venison in just a little Dales seasoning, in case the bacon doesn’t have enough salt to raise my blood pressure. 

shoot-straight

I'm still after it with the bow here. Till Jan 31.

Maryland

We have quail to 1/31. Grouse to 2/13. Goose to 2/24. Duck to 1/30. Turkey to 1/23. 

topdog1961
On 1/11/2021 at 9:02 AM, topdog1961 said:

Ahh..Bacon and venison, those go good together. But then again, what doesn’t go good with bacon? My favorite technique is to marinate cubed backstrap or inner loin, then wrap with thin sliced bacon, secure with a water soaked toothpick, then throw on the grille. A slice of jalapeño can be buried in the wrap if you like spice. These make an excellent appetizer, but only make a few because you and your lucky guests will gobble up all you make and be full before the meal is served. There won’t be any leftovers of these. You must use a grille, a griddle doesn’t do it. 

I like to marinate the venison in just a little Dales seasoning, in case the bacon doesn’t have enough salt to raise my blood pressure. 

made these last weekend. So I thought I would include a couple pics, before and after the grill. As I said, there were no leftovers. 

008241D9-CD35-43B5-A35F-F6AC5D8D205E.jpeg

2CCE3A0C-634C-42F3-9608-00E63798D9E8.jpeg

Still making some sits here in OH.  Chasing one particular deer that has yet to show.  Doesn't look like I will get another chance due to the wind direction for about a week.  My gut tells me he is going to show up half shed which will let him live for another year.  freezer is full with my daughters deer so not a big deal if he doesn't show.  Enjoying these cold sits with some snow on the ground.

chilly460

VA grouse is open til 2/13, and I'll be hunting WVA grouse through Feb 28.  Hopefully the weather holds, I've got plans to hit it every weekend chasing the ghost birds...