topdog1961

I don’t have a big sweet tooth either but a slice of warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream is hard to beat. A real close second is my sister’s peanut butter pie. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SODAKer

• 1971snipe

• mccuha

• SelbyLowndes

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Timely thread. Steve, my hunting buddy for nearly forty years is visiting AZ and hunting quail. He has fruit trees on his acreage in NoCal and brings me PEACHES and PEACH PIE MIX when he stays with me

I gotta agree with Uplander. My favorite is likely strawberry rhubarb but a blueberry pie made from hand picked Maine low bush blueberries (ever so slightly tart) and baked by the wife is a very close

My Grandmother used to make a Pheasant Pot Pie that was to die for!!   I can not believe I am the only person who likes Saskatoon Berry pie. Fresh from the oven with a scoop of chocolate ice

Posted Images

Key Lime here with a homemade graham cracker crust; then Norwegian no crust apple pie with homemade whipped cream, coconut cream or pumpkin slathered in homemade bourbon whipped cream; no particular order. 

If I have a jug of ice cold whole milk, a whole pie doesn't stand a chance with me around. 

So many, hard to pick a favorite.  Grape ( you WNY's know them), peach, cherry, raspberry, pecan, apple , pumpkin, lemon meringue,  key lime, peanut butter. My late mother was an incredible pie baker, probably like most of your mother's are/were. My wife can't replicate them but she is close. My mother-in-laws pies (she luckily seldom bakes anymore), no thanks. 

I've always found the key to an exceptional pie is the damn crust and the love that goes into the whole shebang, but that crust... 

Well. I for the longest didn’t appreciate pecan pie.  It was good but being from the south and my grandmother living next door and having basically an endless supply of pecans. We had it a lot.  I like pies in general way more than cakes. But. Pecan is no. 1. But a really good coconut pie is a very close tie with no1.  And. An old fashioned cooked chocolate pie ranks high up there.   All the fruit pies fresh apple, peach and blueberry a very close 3rd

Rogue Hunter
30 minutes ago, SODAKer said:

I've always found the key to an exceptional pie is the damn crust and the love that goes into the whole shebang, but that crust... 

Leaf lard.

Rogue Hunter

I don't understand why someone would ruin a good rhubarb pie by putting strawberries in it. I make a couple rhubarb pies each May with rhubarb from the neighbors' garden. Then it's tart cherry, apple, and blueberry...these last two with ice cream.

Mike da Carpenter

Shoofly pie and chocolate pie are great, but I have always had a weakness for pecan pie.

All of the best pies were made by my Grandmother. Rhubarb & Raspberry in the spring and summer.  Pecan & Sugar Cream (a Hoosier thing) in the Fall and Winter.

Jazz4Brazo

Pies Pies Pies...yummy love em all!!

Don't forget to add Tarte au Sucre (Sugar pie...check it out...from those who brought you Tortieres LOL).

J4B 

Jacquidog

Fresh local fruit pies are truly a gift, but I think homemade pumpkin pie is the best.

My mother's rhubarb pie ( no strawberries) was my all time favorite. It's sad that I'll never have it again.

Bloodhound

Pie...I am a fan!

1) Apple

2) Pecan

3) Blueberry

The rest are all tied for 4th place.

One more pie that I seem to appreciate more now that I’m older that we seemed to have every night iis sweet potato pie. Not sure if this a southern thang or not.