1 hour ago, terc said:

My mother's rhubarb pie ( no strawberries) was my all time favorite. It's sad that I'll never have it again.

I hated rhubarb pie growing up.  Then I tried my buddy's mom's rhubarb pie.  Now it's my favorite.  And Terc - if you ever need rhubarb - my dad has a huge spread of it in his garden which is partly in my yard so just let me know.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SODAKer

• 1971snipe

• mccuha

• SelbyLowndes

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Timely thread. Steve, my hunting buddy for nearly forty years is visiting AZ and hunting quail. He has fruit trees on his acreage in NoCal and brings me PEACHES and PEACH PIE MIX when he stays with me

I gotta agree with Uplander. My favorite is likely strawberry rhubarb but a blueberry pie made from hand picked Maine low bush blueberries (ever so slightly tart) and baked by the wife is a very close

My Grandmother used to make a Pheasant Pot Pie that was to die for!!   I can not believe I am the only person who likes Saskatoon Berry pie. Fresh from the oven with a scoop of chocolate ice

Posted Images

Many years ago there was a very southern lady in town who was a great cook.

I would take her a snook filet and she would bake me a Buttermilk pie in trade.

It was the most perfect cross of a pecan pie and a coconut cream pie.

Just delicious.

My wife does a very good Key Lime pie with a homemade crust and limes from our tree.

Blueberry, cherry, apple and peanut butter cream.

whiskyjack

My Grandmother used to make a Pheasant Pot Pie that was to die for!!

I can not believe I am the only person who likes Saskatoon Berry pie. Fresh from the oven with a scoop of chocolate ice cream.......My number 1 cheat as a diabetic. I'll make up the sugar overload elsewhere. I would rather die than not have my favourite dessert.

Close behind is Blueberry pie, again hot with Chocolate ice cream.

Add a big mug of fresh, hot black coffee, ya best clear outta my way! And yes, my doctor is aware of my dessert habit, as long as I don't over do it.

Jeff

Blueberry Elderberry mixed 50/50,                                                                                                                      Honeyberry/blueberry 50/50

Razzberry pie (Seedless cultivar or Thimbleberry) pie

Strawberry Rhubarb pie

Juneberry (Saskatoon)/ blueberry 75/25% mix

I like pie! All kinds of Pies, Tomato pie sounds intriguing. 😊 

5 hours ago, SODAKer said:

Key Lime here with a homemade graham cracker crust; then Norwegian no crust apple pie with homemade whipped cream, coconut cream or pumpkin slathered in homemade bourbon whipped cream; no particular order. 

If I have a jug of ice cold whole milk, a whole pie doesn't stand a chance with me around. 

Oh man this isn't just aficionado;s praise. It's down right "Talkin Dirty'" to hopeless addicts like me. 

Brad Eden

I gotta agree with Uplander. My favorite is likely strawberry rhubarb but a blueberry pie made from hand picked Maine low bush blueberries (ever so slightly tart) and baked by the wife is a very close second.

DE8ABB1C-2584-43BD-B857-3672E0819F76.jpeg

Millriver

I request an Apple pie with crumb topping every year for my birthday, with vanilla ice cream of course. My wife makes the best crust, IMO.

Can’t rate them, but love blueberry, pecan, chocolate cream, coconut cream, lemon meringue, and strawberry rhubarb.

There’s a local church that has a pie sale before the major holidays, and I always swing in to buy a couple. Just to support the church of course!

1971snipe

I'll try rhubarb one of these days if I can find some rhubarb, and then learn exactly how to process it.  

I also plan to obtain some huckleberries somehow.  My dad didn't agree with much of anything from Pres. Obama, except for Obama's reported love of huckleberry pie.  My sister had to get some huckleberry pie filling from on line I guess, and made a pie, but I didn't get any.  It must have been good.  

(Ironically, sort of, huckleberry pie was also a reported favorite of Mark Twain).  

18 minutes ago, 1971snipe said:

I'll try rhubarb one of these days if I can find some rhubarb, and then learn exactly how to process it.  

I also plan to obtain some huckleberries somehow.  My dad didn't agree with much of anything from Pres. Obama, except for Obama's reported love of huckleberry pie.  My sister had to get some huckleberry pie filling from on line I guess, and made a pie, but I didn't get any.  It must have been good.  

(Ironically, sort of, huckleberry pie was also a reported favorite of Mark Twain).  

take a road trip.  I don't know how close south they grow but in late July /early Aug they are everywhere where we were in WY.  When I went there a few summers ago trout fishing we stopped and picked 7-8 gallons of huckleberries.  We didn't make pies but we did make some awesome jelly out of them.  

WI Outdoor Nut

It seems everyone loves my wife's pie, and requested when I head north with the boys.  

Usually apple....

Pecan is a favorite here, rhubarb is very close followed by rasberry and blue berry. 

Strawberry Rhubarb 

Juneberry

Pumpkin Pie for Breakfast

Key Lime, only if it is Frozen

Brad Eden

I always like pie with my whipped cream....