molliesmaster

Is cheesecake a pie?  I know cake is in the name but my wife makes them in a pie tin.  Does that count for anything? 

Oh well, pecan pie is pretty great.  Blueberry pie is good too, but I'd rather have cobbler.    All the others are probably equal and it would depend on my mood whether I had a slice or not. 

Tomato pie is not a dessert, but is delicious and should be talked about more.  Ripe tomatoes are on the very short list of good things about summer in the south. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SODAKer

• 1971snipe

• mccuha

• SelbyLowndes

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Timely thread. Steve, my hunting buddy for nearly forty years is visiting AZ and hunting quail. He has fruit trees on his acreage in NoCal and brings me PEACHES and PEACH PIE MIX when he stays with me

I gotta agree with Uplander. My favorite is likely strawberry rhubarb but a blueberry pie made from hand picked Maine low bush blueberries (ever so slightly tart) and baked by the wife is a very close

My Grandmother used to make a Pheasant Pot Pie that was to die for!!   I can not believe I am the only person who likes Saskatoon Berry pie. Fresh from the oven with a scoop of chocolate ice

Posted Images

The Village Piemaker

These guys make a very good product, their Gooseberry is awesome.  We're not big pie eaters but pick these up for Thanksgiving and Christmas, for the latter this year it was blackberry which turned out perfect.  Loaded up a Raspberry-Peach in the freezer, just because it looked interesting

My mother’s apple pie with cinnamon and sugar in it. She would make her own crust with lard for shortening. Probably lethal combination of the lard and sugar. But I’m still here so I guess I am a survivor.

Then somebody had to mention cobbler! 

Peach (period)!

As my Dear Ol’ Dad says, “Any pie is better than no pie.”

Can't believe no one mentioned caramel pie with real whipped cream.

Dave in Maine
9 hours ago, mccuha said:

take a road trip.  I don't know how close south they grow but in late July /early Aug they are everywhere where we were in WY.  When I went there a few summers ago trout fishing we stopped and picked 7-8 gallons of huckleberries.  We didn't make pies but we did make some awesome jelly out of them.  

The bears all know where the huckleberries are.  Just follow the tracks and droppings.

walt lister

Timely thread. Steve, my hunting buddy for nearly forty years is visiting AZ and hunting quail. He has fruit trees on his acreage in NoCal and brings me PEACHES and PEACH PIE MIX when he stays with me. 

Rolling the dough

91qy4QU.jpg

He prepackages the filling

qmWwcVZ.jpg

Even it out

nxvKpP3.jpg

In the oven

Rki7yrg.jpg

Out

7gzs5Aj.jpg

Smile

uBuj4mX.jpg

Divvy up

vd59V6j.jpg

Pie keeps me young

H1zGwM4.jpg

He's also doing really well on quail. Three day

accumulation including one limit. He trains and judges Labs. Leader and Grace really are getting to be good desert quail dogs. Now we have to clean them.

htDjGMY.jpg

Not a desert but dove pie is a favorite of mine the FIL fixes every year the dove season begins. 

Haven't seen it mentioned yet but one of my favorites is my wife's Cranberry Pecan pie. 

Its mostly all Cranberry and then topped with finely chopped pecans.

Alaskan Swamp Collie

It's an acquired taste, but Alaskan blueberries are extremely tart and make a wonderful pie. Somebody mentioned saskatoons, I'm going to have to divert some of my berries from pancakes to pies.

3 hours ago, walt lister said:

Timely thread. Steve, my hunting buddy for nearly forty years is visiting AZ and hunting quail. He has fruit trees on his acreage in NoCal and brings me PEACHES and PEACH PIE MIX when he stays with me. 

Rolling the dough

91qy4QU.jpg

He prepackages the filling

qmWwcVZ.jpg

Even it out

nxvKpP3.jpg

In the oven

Rki7yrg.jpg

Out

7gzs5Aj.jpg

Smile

uBuj4mX.jpg

Divvy up

vd59V6j.jpg

Pie keeps me young

H1zGwM4.jpg

He's also doing really well on quail. Three day

accumulation including one limit. He trains and judges Labs. Leader and Grace really are getting to be good desert quail dogs. Now we have to clean them.

htDjGMY.jpg

I'll take the rest of that pie, just opened up a new jug of milk. lol. 

Dave in Maine

Just about any pie is one I'll go for, though I confess weakness for a good wet-bottom shoofly pie, peach pie, and coconut cream pie.