So far so good

Alaskan Swamp Collie

Alaskan Swamp Collie

Been a really decent winter so far. Temps between single digits and upper 20's. Decent snow cover and thank goodness we only had one day of rain. Went down to minus 9 one night and a couple of others just below zero but no real cold. We've been getting a couple inches of snow every couple days so only have to plow 2 or 3 times a week. Only had to sand once. Birds and moose are doing fine. Knock on wood that it stays this way. Gained 3 and half minutes of daylight yesterday, thinking of knocking snow off of skiff. Hope everyone's winter is decent so far.

UplandHntr

Been pretty easy on the IL/WI state line as well. Of course that doesnt mean much as far as birds or moose. DNR really only manages for deer n turkeys.

Brad Eden

Mild by Maine standards...but just wait a few minutes.

Two words...Polar Vortex! It’s coming!

27 minutes ago, GuyO said:

Ut oh !  

Been digg'n the milder then usuall upstate NY this winter. Even with this stiff old body been getting Axe  out daily for some romps in the woodlands. 

Brad Eden
1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

Mild by Maine standards...but just wait a few minutes.

Just started snowing.

Yes I read where the bulk of the country is in for a deep freeze possibly next week.   A slap back to reality.

Skybuster
6 minutes ago, mccuha said:

Yes I read where the bulk of the country is in for a deep freeze possibly next week.   A slap back to reality.

Right on time. Our coldest temps begin mid January through February.

I don't think I'm appreciated in these discussions.

Alaskan Swamp Collie
6 hours ago, GuyO said:

That's where our cold is going. Our 10 day forecast is for more of the same mild temps.

It has been really nice here in the western Yoop. October was horrible, November was mild, and December very mild. January so far has been very nice. Only about 8” of snow on the level. Dogs and I have been enjoying the light snow cover and have been taking regular walks out back for the exercise. Cold enough to make good ice for fishing but not so cold that you don’t want to go out. No complaints here so far. The deer for sure needed the break. Hoping it stays this way but know it won’t. 

dogrunner

Cool, cloudy not much snow, can’t even ice fish much right now. 

We got a little snow in certain spots and another 8-12" came down since this picture. 

138405487_10102010042227009_9008796072738806633_n.jpg

Alaskan Swamp Collie
11 hours ago, CptSydor said:

We got a little snow in certain spots and another 8-12" came down since this picture. 

138405487_10102010042227009_9008796072738806633_n.jpg

But on the bright side it should keep the bugs down.

Millriver

Six inches of ice on local ponds, should be twice that here. Crusty snow and ice on the ground, but mostly bare. Not bad at all, deer and turkeys should do well this winter, even if we get cold and snow.