So far so good

Alaskan Swamp Collie

Mike da Carpenter

No safe ice anywhere near us (South East MI) and that is hurting the “Get Outside & Do Things” movement.  

Snow is spotty as we haven’t had but a few inches this season.  We had 2” on the ground a week and a 1/2 ago when a friend came by to get a couple rabbits to train his DD with.  He said we have snow where he has just grass and no frost.  He lives 10 miles due south.

We have been getting more freezing rain/drizzle than anything else.  Today and tomorrow will be 40’s and rain.  I’m ok with that since rain doesn’t need to be shoveled and we are that much closer to mid March when Spring will be in the air and right around the corner.

Normally this time of the year is miserable cold.  Snow, and lots of it, is usually covering everything but what we have shoveled.  It’s kinda nice seeing grass as it gives us a reason to smile with all that is going on in the world.

I have worked outdoors my entire life and have never been without a January thaw. This year currently we have little snow on the ground and might be inclined to call this week our thaw period as next week appears to be really cold. My hopes are a little more melt and then drop in temps with the open ground to possibly croak some tick's !

Jacquidog

Pretty mild here in NE PA,  No safe ice I know of and very little snow right now.  Temps in 40's latter this week.

DD Huntress

High is 51 here today! Usually our coldest temperatures occur mid January. 

Don Steese

High 60s to mid 70s here this week. Tough to take!!

Alaskan Swamp Collie
2 hours ago, Don Steese said:

Yeah, but you probably have bugs.

Brdhntr47
6 hours ago, Don Steese said:

We’re running 10 degrees colder here in Florida. Chilly wading in the surf before sunrise.

Dick Sellers

Very mild and low snow year so far here, but winds to 70mph yesterday.

Huntschool

We are pretty mild with fluxing temps.  Yesterday we were up to about 50.  Low over night was 42 and its supposed to go up to the upper 40's today.  Then we drop down with some flurries predicted for tomorrow and the temps will drop over the weekend.  We have only had one light dusting of snow so far and I am good with that.  Our usual cold and snow show up the end of this month through Feb.  We have almost no ice, so I can actually fish almost every day.    

Wasn't this year (and the last, and the one before that) supposed to be a bad one based on the Farmers Alamanc,Acorn sizes,  Wolly Worm stripes, etc?

Other than last year's week-long Polar Vortex, seems like it's been pretty mild winters in general (NE folks may disagree).