Bill Gates is now largest farmland owner in US

munsterlander

See article below.

What will this mean to hunters?  I did read in the last year about big food corporations forcing the farmers they buy from to sign contracts that prohibits various activities on the lands that produce the food, and one of those things is hunting.  Public land never more important, I guess.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/arielshapiro/2021/01/14/americas-biggest-owner-of-farmland-is-now-bill-gates-bezos-turner/?fbclid=IwAR0o1yWu87o07uP02wg_jYqVRtVxCmOlcVTqxXNLtChJjg5xPVl1kTVEEME&sh=564dc2a86096

Brdhntr47

I’m sure he would let you hunt if you ask.

Cooter Brown
3 hours ago, Brdhntr47 said:

I’m sure he would let you hunt if you ask.

If your Windows 10 hasn't crashed just send him an email.

One of those times when the board rules are an inconvenience. 

Kansas Big Dog
12 hours ago, munsterlander said:

See article below.

What will this mean to hunters?  I did read in the last year about big food corporations forcing the farmers they buy from to sign contracts that prohibits various activities on the lands that produce the food, and one of those things is hunting.  Public land never more important, I guess.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/arielshapiro/2021/01/14/americas-biggest-owner-of-farmland-is-now-bill-gates-bezos-turner/?fbclid=IwAR0o1yWu87o07uP02wg_jYqVRtVxCmOlcVTqxXNLtChJjg5xPVl1kTVEEME&sh=564dc2a86096

He owns @250,000 acres. That is not very much land. KS leases 1 million aces here in KS which is all private land. Every state has a lease program leasing private. In MT it is Block Managment. So in reality, won't effect hunting in my opinion. 

Some other massive landowners out there; will be interesting to see what happens to them as the properties move through estates. 

20 minutes ago, Kansas Big Dog said:

He owns @250,000 acres. That is not very much land. KS leases 1 million aces here in KS which is all private land. Every state has a lease program leasing private. In MT it is Block Managment. So in reality, won't effect hunting in my opinion. 

these are the new proposed WIHA signs:

bsod.png

Chukarman

Blue screen of death.

I can't agree with an government mandated net worth cap, but there is in place a redistribution plan, which is called the estate tax. 

SelbyLowndes

I can't think of a word to post on this subject that wouldn't get postholed...SelbyLowndes 

Brad Eden

I knew this would go to crap as soon as I saw it first Posted. Decided to hold off...stupid me. I did immediately move it from the General Forum to Habitat in hopes it would do a low simmer. To the OP and others please don’t Post incendiary Topics like this that will inevitably go political and sour. Thank you. 

BTW, any Posts now missing before I posted this were requested so by the author of the Posts.

• Brad Eden locked this topic