Poachers Suck

UplandHntr

This is the county I live in. What a bruiser of a deer. This guy needs to never hunt or fish again. 

Bruiser Buck

Yes. Maybe a little jail  time would make more of an impression for repeat offenders. 

browndrake

Out here, they will arrest you, confiscate your truck, your camper, guns, etc....anything you have with you.   You can also easily see jail time.  Additionally you will loose hunting/fishing privileges in all states but Hawaii.

Huntschool

Oh yea, but.....  this is Illinois.  Why wasn't he stopped after the first violation.  It sounds like he still had a permit and they did not remove it from his possession.  Remove him from ever getting a tag or lisence ever again in all the Compact state.  Fine him into poverty and lock his ass up....  NOW

Sorry STATE of affairs.....  (Yea State)

Yea poachers are a bunch of low life's that need to have the book thrown at them in all states!

A few years back, my brother was visiting my folks, around mid December and heard a shot close by on our property. An hour or so later,  he trudged up the old road through about 10-12" of snow and found a fresh blood trail with man tracks following the trail. The season by then had been closed for 8-10 days. He called the local Game Warden to report the poaching and I called her as well. She told me that they have a suspect, that has been in their sights for a while but have never caught him. I didn't follow up, so I'm not sure what the outcome was.

The Fourth time he has been caught violating wildlife laws.  UGH!

If you think your poachers suck, read this. I know Brandon through several professional groups and he has tried to give back way more than he's taken from this outdoor life, and this is what standing your ground can come to. BTW, I am NOT suggesting you donate, just read the story:  https://www.gofundme.com/f/brandon-butlers-cabin-burned-down-by-poacher/donations?fbclid=IwAR3NQVpbcEHDhMaN2B_n00ITwjn9N7QxK1bBuEjZft6x_vlSJQwUenEJI9Y

Huntschool

So, Have they caught the guy ?