Mabel's continuing problems

Don Steese

Mabel was getting around fine with the torn ACL on her left rear leg but now she's come down with a limp in her right front. She doesn't want to put any weight on it at all. Seems to be in the paw area. That's where she's licking and she'll whine if you handle that foot in just the right way. I examined it several times but can't see anything obvious except that one toe seems to be enlarged. This just started a couple days ago, but if it doesn't resolve in a few more days I'll give the vet a call. No idea what it could be??

Cooter Brown

No idea, but mojo on he way for the old girl!

Cactus spine or sticker? Hoping for something simple. Mojo headed that way.

lee sykes

I hope you find a solution soon, Don.  Sometimes these things take a long time to heal.  

Maybe just a little pricker that you can find.

Otherwise, just like you and me, you get sore in joint A and you compensate and get sore in joint B.  Could that be it?

Swollen toe is somewhat better than a wrist, elbow or shoulder lameness.  Interdigital cyst, nail bed infection, puncture or ascending cracked nail infection/cellulitis. Warm water/Epsom soaks and a dog appropriate NSAID until you can get it assessed. Best of luck and Setter Moj.

11 minutes ago, SxSetter said:

Swollen toe is somewhat better than a wrist, elbow or shoulder lameness.  Interdigital cyst, nail bed infection, puncture or ascending cracked nail infection/cellulitis. Warm water/Epsom soaks and a dog appropriate NSAID until you can get it assessed. Best of luck and Setter Moj.

This. And if that don't fix it gonna need an xray.

Don Steese

Thanks for all the help guys! It's definitely the outer toe. Swollen and a bit reddened, but the rawness could be from her licking it. Epsom salts it is! Probably call the vet tomorrow. Found one I really like here and I'm never slow to call one. I spend money on a lot dumber things!!