When is the UJ Anniversary?

Cooter Brown
25 minutes ago, tut said:

2007 here also.  Time flies.

Me too.  Funny how the place really didn't get jumpin' 'til the class of '07 showed up.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike Connally

• Brad Eden

• Don Steese

• jeff88

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good question.   The original Upland Journal “Online Magazine” website was launched sometime around March 13, 2002. I added the “Upland Talk” Bulletin Board around the same time. Naturally I

You have no idea.

While I am sure that Brad was actually the first member to register, the original member list had Gangreen as #1 and Brad as #2.  Some people still refer to Brad as #2...

Brad Eden

I had to remove the earlier Post with the link to this Topic. It was causing issues with load etc. 

On 1/25/2021 at 9:40 AM, Greg Hartman said:

I signed up and this remains pretty much the only "social media" thing I do after nearly 20 years. 

Since I consider Linked-In to be a professional board, the UJ is my only social media outlet.  Greg, I don't know about you but the smartest thing I may have ever done was avoid Facebook.  

Have almost no recollection of it but fuzzily recall Brad sending me a note to join sometime in the early stages as I too was on the Shooting Sportsman board.  The UJ was much more my style though me + style is a questionable theory.  There were a few years I was away from the UJ due to work and time limitations but rejoined; am glad I did.  Like many here, I have made some good friends that I would have never known of before. 

Brad, down here in TX they'd say that "You done good!"   Thanks again for this.  It is my favorite water cooler break in the day.

Bloodhound

I had just started chasing birds with a shotgun.  I was shooting a Winchester Model 1200 12ga that had the handling characteristics of 2x4.  I came home from my first successful day of Blue Grouse hunting (2 birds), and as I was jotting down some notes in a journal I thought, "there has to be a web site dedicated to bird hunting..." so I started searching and found UJ and after looking around for an hour or so, I signed up.  It was a very good day!

That was  November 22, 2003

Don Steese
2 hours ago, jeff88 said:

Have almost no recollection of it but fuzzily recall Brad sending me a note to join sometime in the early stages as I too was on the Shooting Sportsman board.  

Brad also sent me a note....saying "stay the heck away!!!" I ignored his warning and came over anyhow. 

Jan 5 , 2008 . My daughter gave me her "hand me down computer" , my first entrance into cyberspace , UJ . 

I didn't even know what a computer did . Still don't !!!

I've learned so much from this place and met so many fine folks . 

Brad , you don't know how many you've touched . Thanks . 

Cooter Brown
2 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Jan 5 , 2008 . My daughter gave me her "hand me down computer" , my first entrance into cyberspace , UJ . 

I didn't even know what a computer did . Still don't !!!

I've learned so much from this place and met so many fine folks . 

Brad , you don't know how many you've touched . Thanks . 

Right up until now your daughter had a great reputation around here.

Now we find out she's brains behind the brawn, the gal who upped the ante on the guns of Ansley Fox.

13 hours ago, Don Steese said:

Brad also sent me a note....saying "stay the heck away!!!" I ignored his warning and came over anyhow. 

Am surprised I don't already have a cease and desist order from his law firm, Dewey, Cheathem and Howe.

Chris Raymond

I signed on rather early and participated much more in earlier years than as of late.  Work simply got the better of me over time plus I drifted onto Facebook a bit as politics, for lack of a better term, became a bit more important in my life...confrontation is not a dirty four letter word for me as it is with some.  I have started checking in a bit more but still infrequently as of late.  It's nice seeing some of the old timers still posting.

17 hours ago, Chris Raymond said:

It's nice seeing some of the old timers still posting.

Ageist!

I resemble that remark.  😎