Dyson V II Animal

Just a quick review . Since retired , I have been relegated to more Domestic chores . My wife , although older than I , still works and probably will forever . She likes it . Not being chauvinist but our responsibilities have always been male and female oriented . I don't ask her to build , paint , build rock walls , cut down trees , shovel etc and she doesn't ask me to cook (something I'm trying to do now and regret not learning before) , do laundry , clean  etc . It's worked for 40 years .

With less build going on (I built back in '93 and have already rebuilt kitchens , baths , rooms) , I'm done and have more time on my hands .

I've started to help out more and with three setters , "bunnys" are always everywhere . I don't mind vacuuming but hate cords . Enter the Dyson . Did the research and my daughter bought me one (love that kid) . I've had it about a week now. 

It is easy to handle , plenty of power . I ran it about an hour on tile to rug to hardwood , all set on auto . It still had two out of three battery life's left . It does fill fast , kitchen will fill it but easy to dump and go . There was NO hair on the roller , NONE . This has been an issue with every vacuum we've ever owned . I like it . Now I need an apron and something to tie my hair back and I'll be ready for the 21'st century . 

gaberdeen

Dam next you’ll be cooking at grouse camp!

Love the Dyson. Quick, powerful and easy to handle. Easy to just grab it and shoot a few bunnies or do the whole house.

btw, you will never be ready for this century.

WPG Gizmo

You have hair 😆

I dont mind corded so I have a Shark it will suck a golf ball through a garden hose works great getting all the bunnies

As for Aprons this would be a big hit in Grouse camp

jessie-steele-josephine-cafe-toile-apron_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1571746062

dogrunner
8 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Just a quick review . Since retired , I have been relegated to more Domestic chores . My wife , although older than I , still works and probably will forever . She likes it . Not being chauvinist but our responsibilities have always been male and female oriented . I don't ask her to build , paint , build rock walls , cut down trees , shovel etc and she doesn't ask me to cook (something I'm trying to do now and regret not learning before) , do laundry , clean  etc . It's worked for 40 years .

With less build going on (I built back in '93 and have already rebuilt kitchens , baths , rooms) , I'm done and have more time on my hands .

I've started to help out more and with three setters , "bunnys" are always everywhere . I don't mind vacuuming but hate cords . Enter the Dyson . Did the research and my daughter bought me one (love that kid) . I've had it about a week now. 

It is easy to handle , plenty of power . I ran it about an hour on tile to rug to hardwood , all set on auto . It still had two out of three battery life's left . It does fill fast , kitchen will fill it but easy to dump and go . There was NO hair on the roller , NONE . This has been an issue with every vacuum we've ever owned . I like it . Now I need an apron and something to tie my hair back and I'll be ready for the 21'st century . 

Work forever, dude your a slave driver. 

dogrunner
8 hours ago, gaberdeen said:

Dam next you’ll be cooking at grouse camp!

Not sure you want that to happen. 😉. Call for carry out instead.  😁

topdog1961

My wife wanted a cordless stick vac and we both agreed we didn’t want to spend the ching for a Dyson. At work they use a Moosoo, and the young lady who cleans the office said it worked well for her. They had good Amazon reviews so I ordered the Mrs the best one at $165. I put it together last evening and it seems to work really well. 

Now if I could just get her to wear that little white apron when she vacuums....

Cold Iron

I like my Dyson VII a lot. Got it on the recommendation of the oldest son who is in the top 5% of OCD cases in the US. Cleaning is one of his obsessions, he has used most all of them out there. He moved back in with me for a few years and I used his Dyson, then he went and moved to Boston on me so I had to go get my own. But now I am the one that has to use it LOL.

Only thing I don't like is if you let it get too full the dog hair will wrap inside the top cyclone separator opening. I use the hook end of a machinist scribe to clear it when it does. The key is to not let it get so full but with 2 Tollers easier said than done especially when they blow their coats. Still feel it was worth every penny. 

I run turbo power pretty much all the time. Had started to rewire the hall closest to put the power charger\hanger and while talking to my son he pointed me to the stands they have for them

61oDwZNYxOL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

There are a lot of aftermarket ones out there I ended up with this one. May not be the best one but works and relatively inexpensive.

Mine sits in the living room and so does the Bissell pet hair vac and Bissell Pet Pro shampooer. It is just me 2 dogs and youngest son so no worries on the wife acceptance factor. 

But I am stuck doing everything outside and inside. And it is almost time to start browning some pork sausage for the soup tonight. 

Dyson tip. I started to get a static shock from the Dyson, a rub down with a anti static dryer sheet fixes it.

I called Dyson the first time it happened, person on the other end said “Oh! That is normal.” She said a dryer sheet would work.

Got a Shark Rocket Pet Pro, really impressive and fairly inexpensive.

On 1/24/2021 at 6:49 AM, gunsrus said:

. I don't ask her to build , paint , build rock walls , cut down trees , shovel etc and she doesn't ask me to cook

How much do you want for the Old Girl? Really, I'll take out a loan on the house. 😊

Just now, Spin said:

How much do you want for the Old Girl? Really, I'll take out a loan on the house. 😊

Best thing that ever happened to me , her and my daughter . 

Please don't offer , she probably would accept !

airmedic1

We bought our first Dyson 15-16 years ago. We had bought a big screen TV at Sears and walked by the vacuum salesman. He was pushing us to buy this $500 Dyson and said they were offering a 30 day money back guarantee.  He told us no one had ever brought one back.  I thought the salesman was full of BS but my youngest son had one and liked it so we bought one.  
We had purchased a Walmart vacuum a couple months before we moved into that house so we decided to do a test.  Eileen changed the vacuum bag and vacuumed the carpets twice.  Then she used the Dyson, we didn’t take it back.  They have taken vacuums to a whole other level.  We now have three.

Mike Connally

Thanks Al. Based on your recommendation I bought a Dyson Animal V11 for my wife for Valentines Day!

I guess it’s a good thing I gave it to her early. There’s still time to shop...

It is awesome. 
Evidently I’m not.