Dyson V II Animal

airmedic1
1 hour ago, Mike Connally said:

Thanks Al. Based on your recommendation I bought a Dyson Animal V11 for my wife for Valentines Day!

I guess it’s a good thing I gave it to her early. There’s still time to shop...

It is awesome. 
Evidently I’m not. 

An old mentor of mine told me a long time ago, never buy your wife a gift that runs on electricity or requires any labor to operate.

Greg Hartman

On the advice of Grouse28 (who was staying with us the in MH), I bought a Dyson fir the MH.  Shockingly expensive, but worth every penny.

• 3 weeks later...

So I started looking at these. My wife is pretty much ready to shave the dog. I see there is a more expensive  version with more capacity and two batteries called the outsize. Any experience with it? Is it worth the extra bucks?

topdog1961

We bought the generic, a Moosoo for $170. They use them at work and the janitor lady said it does a good job for them and they’ve had them for a long time, so that’s good enough for me. It does a nice job. We get about 30 minutes on a charge and that’s enough time to do the whole house, if you don’t dawdle. My nephew has a Dyson and he says that’s about the battery life he gets. 

54770DEE-831A-4903-8DA6-02BFEC80C67C.png

We ordered a V11 Animal about ten days ago.  Dyson has/had refurbished ones for a few hundred off.

Having used it a few times now, there's no going back.  Yeah, it was expensive, but it's on a very different level than our previous Kenmore.

A Dyson Tip: Don't run your vac with the MAX button on as SOP, use it only occasionally for special needs situations.  Running your Dyson always on MAX will kill your (expensive) battery.

We got a shark. I use it regularly, it's pretty powerful (I even use the hand held thingy to vac out my pickup). I've learned if you put in time vacuuming, putting dishes away, and doing laundry going hunting isn't a big deal (for the Mrs.).

50 minutes ago, steveziv said:

A Dyson Tip: Don't run your vac with the MAX button on as SOP, use it only occasionally for special needs situations.  Running your Dyson always on MAX will kill your (expensive) battery.

So far , I haven't needed it . it has plenty of power on ECCO . Thanks for the heads up . I love this thing .