Juvenile in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts that flew up out of a river and down the road in front of me in November, with a huge trout in its talons, landing on a telephone pole.  Grainy cell photos are all I could get.

C642AAA3-3367-46A8-83B1-EC4FAE2BF8BD.jpeg

F7A82244-BFC2-4CD2-A57A-3CA0E030C766.jpeg

2E94DC7B-0BC5-4487-8039-FDD8EFDA522A.jpeg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hettmoe

• Lurch

• JAM

• munsterlander

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because hummingbirds are too fast and too small!  🤣   I've been watching this breeding pair (I believe...maybe they are just a co-habitating modern couple, no judgement) for awhile and final

Posted Images

17 hours ago, D. Case said:

Eagle cropped.jpg

Superb pic. No kidding, my 5th grade teacher had eyes just like that. 

On 1/27/2021 at 11:57 AM, Lurch said:

just had a bald eagle in the tree down the street from my house. By the time I extracted my phone to snap a pic, he'd flown away (I know, it didn't happen if there are no pics)

They're not a common sight in our neighborhood, but not rare either. There's been a nesting pair along the river 1/8 mile from my house for the last 6-8 years or so. The Middle School/Jr High lunchroom has windows that look out over the river and the kids often see the eagles flying along the river or resting in a dead tree while eating lunch.

Not my pic (as I said, I was too slow), but evidently the neighbors were quicker on the shutter than i was...

image.thumb.png.efd2e0122a66a3541f690b888e71e012.png