'83 , my little girl was born . Up to that point It was all about me . That changed my life forever .

In  the fall of 1983 I began my final year of law school.  I was very naive.   My hunting and fishing had been on hold while I pursued my education, no dog.  Glad I made it to here.

Greg Hartman

By 1983 I had gotten my two tax LLM's (post-doc degrees) and experience in the M&A world, left the big national law firm in Miami. come back to PA and was a partner in local firm.  On 1/1/83, along with three other guys, I left that firm and formed my own. Scary, but by the end of 1983, we had 15 lawyers working for the new firm.  No looking back after that, but not much hunting or much of anything else in those years - 80 hour weeks were the rule.

My kids that year:

Old Pic 5_3

Old Pic 4_4

Camping:

Old Pic 4

Only one of those three are left now - my older daughter.

I've collected and saved by year photos going back to 1961 and for some reason very few for 1983. This one may have been posted before. It was clearly a good year for grouse numbers in WI. My gun back then was a Beretta BL-4 12ga w/26" barrels. Recent years have been disappointing in the number of bird contacts.

October6.jpg

Dick Sellers

In 1983 I was the Area Wildlife Biologist for the Alaska Dept of Fish and Game for the area from Lake Clark to the Aleutian Islands.  Coincidentally I was doing research on brown bears and captured a large number (darting from a helicopter).

Picture 097.jpg

TKE Formal my freshman year of college. Struck by a lightning bolt. We've been together ever since.

TKE Formal.jpg

1 hour ago, Wet Dog said:

TKE Formal my freshman year of college. Struck by a lightning bolt. We've been together ever since.

TKE Formal.jpg

I'd stand in a storm any day of the week to be hit by lightning from those clouds!  Meant to be a compliment.

6 hours ago, SODAKer said:

I'd stand in a storm any day of the week to be hit by lightning from those clouds!  Meant to be a compliment.

Taken as one. Thx