This is why we can't have nice things...

Yes, unbelievably, those are bullet holes and graffiti destroying ancient and priceless petroglyphs. Bastards!5D4_7562-2.thumb.jpg.9102d46a405bae08c4242fd5449cf4fa.jpg

5D4_7556-2.thumb.jpg.28a613e165b8d6e7ca2e66e3b817911f.jpg

5D4_6482-3.thumb.jpg.8ca01e30501074347aa4d82d1bd3b2ff.jpg

5D4_7248-2.thumb.jpg.333edc46f241fada97b64050aabe35e3.jpg

Again, the need for an "unheart/dislike" button 😒

Cool prior to the "modifications", at any rate

Jacquidog

Some people have no respect for themselves, and anything they say or do is justified or forgiven, therefor they have no respect for any thing or any one else.  this is beyond disgusting.  You folks would not believe some of things visitors to the Delaware Water Gap were doing last summer.   

2 hours ago, KCrowley said:

Yes, unbelievably, those are bullet holes and graffiti destroying ancient and priceless petroglyphs. Bastards!5D4_7562-2.thumb.jpg.9102d46a405bae08c4242fd5449cf4fa.jpg

5D4_7556-2.thumb.jpg.28a613e165b8d6e7ca2e66e3b817911f.jpg

5D4_6482-3.thumb.jpg.8ca01e30501074347aa4d82d1bd3b2ff.jpg

Man this is sickening, I have spent quite a bit of time in Bears Ears, Canyon Lands, and Mesa Verde photoing these with my wife. Hell my last album had the famous House on Fire ruins as the cover. People are just freakin culls

Greg Hartman

That is horrifying, Keith.  Just awful.  Every time I see that kind of thing my blood boils.  There is an increasing amount of graffiti at the pretty little mountain lakes near my place where we often walk the dogs.  Some areas are just coated.  I took this shot on a dog run a couple of days ago, not realizing that I had captured friggin' graffiti on a tree.  GGGRRR! 

817051658_2-5-21-Graffiti.thumb.jpg.bdc532027a6b6a8488629b0ce33e67bc.jpg

It is so hard to catch the bastards.  I got lucky a couple years ago.  A young man and woman had spray paint cans and were doing graffiti in this beautiful place.  I smiled and walked up to them, waited until they smiled back and quickly pulled out my camera and took their picture: close-up - faces and paint cans and graffiti.  Thing got ugly fast, the young man (who was a head taller than me and could have smashed 70+ year old me with one hand) began screaming and cursing at me.  I calmly explained that I was going to give the pic to the police and charge him with destructive of public property.  I knew where he had to have parked his car and Nancy and I walked a couple hundred yards to that place with him following and becoming ever more angry and ferocious.  Found the car, took pics of it and the license plate.  As I was doing that, he began to approach close enough to be a risk to Nancy and me.  I looked him in the eye and quietly told him that he'd better move away from us unless he wanted to die where exactly he was standing in the next five seconds.  His eyes got big and the wind instantly went out of his sails, tho' no weapon was displayed or threatened. The local cops are good friends.  I gave them the pics, turned out the car was stolen!!  They found the punks.  The woman was charged with defacing public property.  The man was charged with that, with stalking for following us for a couple hundred years and making threats and with car theft.  I got to testify at the trial.  🙂

Nancy was not happy that I did this, but I'll do it again if I catch any of this scum in the act.  

18 minutes ago, Greg Hartman said:

That is horrifying, Keith.  Just awful.  Every time I see that kind of thing my blood boils.  There is an increasing amount of graffiti at the pretty little mountain lakes near my place where we often walk the dogs.  Some areas are just coated.  I took this shot on a dog run a couple of days ago, not realizing that I had captured friggin' graffiti on a tree.  GGGRRR! 

817051658_2-5-21-Graffiti.thumb.jpg.bdc532027a6b6a8488629b0ce33e67bc.jpg

It is so hard to catch the bastards.  I got lucky a couple years ago.  A young man and woman had spray paint cans and were doing graffiti in this beautiful place.  I smiled and walked up to them, waited until they smiled back and quickly pulled out my camera and took their picture: close-up - faces and paint cans and graffiti.  Thing got ugly fast, the young man (who was a head taller than me and could have smashed 70+ year old me with one hand) began screaming at cursing at me.  I calmly explained that I was going to give the pic to the police and charge him with destructive of public property.  I knew where he had to have parked his car and Nancy and I walked a cluple hundred yards to that place with him following and becoming ever more angry and ferocious.  Found the car, took pics of it and the license plate.  As I was doing that, he began to approach close enough to be a risk to Nancy and me.  I looked him in the eye and quietly told him that he'd better move away from us unless he wanted to die where exactly he was standing in the next five seconds.  His eyes got big and the wind instantly went out of his sails, tho' no weapon was displayed or threatened. The local cops are good friends.  I gave them the pics, turned out the car was stolen!!  They found the punks.  The woman was charged with defacing public property.  The man was charged with that, with stalking for following us for a couple hundred years and making threats and with car theft.  I got to testify at the trial.  🙂

Nancy was not happy that I did this, but I'll do it again if I catch any of this scum in the act.  

Just be careful. You never know how something like this can go.

Greg Hartman
16 minutes ago, Spin1 said:

Just be careful. You never know how something like this can go.

My experiences in the Army long ago somehow totally removed any fear or caution in these sorts of situations.  Had a whole lot of competent and determined people trying to kill me - makes a pissed-off punk look pretty pathetic.  This frustrates Nancy sometimes, but there it is.

32 minutes ago, Greg Hartman said:

My experiences in the Army long ago somehow totally removed any fear or caution in these sorts of situations.  Had a whole lot of competent and determined people trying to kill me - makes a pissed-off punk look pretty pathetic.  This frustrates Nancy sometimes, but there it is.

This is an interesting tale.  

My father and my uncle were both veterans of WWII. My father in Europe and my uncle in the Pacific Theatre.

They had been in business together both before and after the war.  Back in the 70's, an attempted armed robbery occurred at their place of business.  

My uncle, who was quite a character, was the guy who the robbers had actually drawn weapons on and asked him to remove money from the cash register. Out of the blue, he exclaimed, with eyes bulging and hollering at the top of his lungs - "I killed 8 Japs in hand in hand combat! You think I'm fu**ing scared of you!?" while moving toward them....

....and the two young robbers ran out the door.....

Greg Hartman
7 minutes ago, Spiller said:

This is an interesting tale.  

My father and my uncle were both veterans of WWII. My father in Europe and my uncle in the Pacific Theatre.

They had been in business together both before and after the war.  Back in the 70's, an attempted arm robbery occurred at their place of business.  

My uncle, who was quite a character, was the guy who the robbers had actually drawn weapons on and asked him to remove money from the cash register. Out of the blue, he exclaimed, with eye bulging and hollering at the top of his lungs - "I killed 8 Japs in hand in hand combat! You think I'm fu**ing scared of you!?" while moving toward them....

....and the two young robbers ran out the door.....

Yep, almost all the men I grew up with were WWII vets.  They were quiet and peaceful men, but you did NOT want to mess with them - utterly no fear.  I can picture those two would-be robbers scampering for the door.  😁  

1 hour ago, Greg Hartman said:

You weren't 70 then,,there is that.

Greg Hartman
18 minutes ago, 406dn said:

You weren't 70 then,,there is that.

Still a kid in my mind, Dave.

Dick Sellers

For any of you adventurous folks that travel out to Montana and also have an interest in ancient Indian rock art, there is a tremendous collection of ancient pictographs (and unfortunately more recent graffiti) in central Montana. Google "Bear Gulch Pictographs".

SelbyLowndes

😇Nice groups though.  Don't hate me...SelbyLowndes

1 hour ago, SelbyLowndes said:

😇Nice groups though.  Don't hate me...SelbyLowndes

Looks to me that it was the work of a shotgun. Guys with rifles seem drawn to highway signs,,especially the deer crossing signs.

There are a lot of down and outers in the world. Wish it wasn't so, but it is what it is.

Someones going to see the 

20 hours ago, KCrowley said:

A hundred years from now someone's going to look at that and get punched as part of an epic century long Circle Game.