Alpha 100 to 200i upgrade

Jim Vander

I looked at one the other day and while I like it Im going to pass for now as my 100 still works. moving around on maps  and the graphic quality is better on the 200 for sure. I find Garmin maps a nuisance to download and maintain and just use the base map. I only use the 100 for keeping track of dogs and even then mostly the maps apply if my dog should go on a bender, the base map is good enough for me. If you dont already have an in reach or some other emergency message system and you feel you need one this might be a good choice. Though I would caution an old motto we used, two is one and one is none, which is to say if you put all your tools in one device and it fails you got no tools. 

Okey Dokey,

Overall I like the 200i as I get it figured out.

I too don’t really care for the three “flat difficult to find and feel with winter weight goves on” stimulation buttons. The 100 was never a problem that way. I could feel them with any type of gloves on, through a jacket or pants pocket.

So, as this is really important, fix it Garmin, say, with a permanent stick on button extender, new higher buttons, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Stuefer

Does anyone know which supplier is doing trade ins of alpha 100 for the alpha 200i handheld unit?

Rockford Setters
19 hours ago, Stuefer said:

Does anyone know which supplier is doing trade ins of alpha 100 for the alpha 200i handheld unit?

I believe the Collar Clinic is doing trade ins.