Deer Carcus trail cam pictures

I put a trail camera on a road kill deer  in my corn field.  Got some interesting shots.  20 years ago an eagle in this area was unheard of.

Eagle 2-21-21.JPG

Eagle 2-21-21-2.JPG

Eagle and Red Tail.JPG

eagle and hawk.JPG

Redtail hawk fight.JPG

Redtail hawk.JPG

munsterlander
1 hour ago, D. Case said:

Fox 2-14-21.jpg

coyote 2-2-21.jpg

fox6.jpg

Pouncing like it was going to get away!

Those are great. Always neat what shows up at a bait pile. Years ago I had a garbage bag of cleaned pheasants. The first visitor that night was a GHO. In the morning the crows were next followed by a fox the second night. A coyote showed up the third night but the fox had already removed and buried every scrap.

Bait pile 3 017.JPG

NW River Mac

I can remember seeing coyotes mousing in Wyoming and they were pouncing just like that.  Very cool pics.

WI Outdoor Nut

Very cool.  I know of others who have done the same thing over a gut pile and we all now worry about lead fragments for our avian friends.  

D. Case

Lots of activity at the deer carcus.  For the record, the deer were hit on the road near my dad's driveway. I moved them into the cornfield away from traffic and the possibility of the birds and animals  being hit by a car.  While some would consider it baiting, the deer were available to the birds all along.  I just moved it to safer spot.  I have enjoyed the activity on the trail cam.

eagle and hawk sparring.jpg

Eagle standing-1.jpg

Hawk landing 2-28-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
D. Case

In the month or so I've had the camera on the deer I've had  up to four eagles, three species of hawks, a Turkey Vulture, Great Horned Owl,  crows and other black birds, robins, blue jays,  squirrels, skunks, possums, racoons, foxes, coyotes and live curious deer. 

crows (2).JPG

Eagle and Hawk 2-28-1.jpg

eagle yelling.JPG

Fox and possum stand off.JPG

GHO.JPG