Tiger Woods accident

In surgery now with serious leg injuries . He is currently recovering from a previous back surgery . Whatever you think of him , he is one of the greatest athletes of our time . Get well Tiger .

Hopefully he pulls out of it ok.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is it for playing golf, but the run was long and great.

Another tragic turn in his incredible story. You can track what happened watching the drone footage of the accident scene. Reports are vehicle was traveling at a high rate of speed. Here’s hoping he gets through surgery and has a complete recovery. He’ll be in my prayers.

SelbyLowndes

I hope he is lucky in his recovery.  Magnificent athlete, but troubled man...SelbyLowndes

Cooter Brown
2 hours ago, SelbyLowndes said:

I hope he is lucky in his recovery.  Magnificent athlete, but troubled man...SelbyLowndes

Feet of clay...

It was fascinating to watch the man in his prime, dominating a sport that cannot be dominated. Was hoping to see one last run, but this may be it for him.

He has a good sense of humor and great parents I always liked him.

some inside golf 

Remember that trick he does with a wedge where he bounces it up and down then hits it out of sight, in that commercial he did?

the commercial was supposed to be something else and he was doing that out of boredom while waiting 

everyone was so amazed he could do that they changed their plan and made that the commercial 

The son of the owner of our company was the head of engineering for NIKE golf division (before they got out of golf) and worked with Tiger all the time developing clubs

so one day they break to go to lunch and Tiger wanted to go to Burger King because he had coupons  

his upbringing made him a pretty down to earth person

Brad Eden

According to authorities there is no indication that he was impaired or drunk when he crashed. Which of course is the speculation. The helicopter video of crash scene was interesting, watching his belongings being taken away like his golf clubs etc. The scavengers would descended pretty quick I’m sure. It was 7AM western time when it happened. Its unlikely that there would be toxicology tests given he was alone and nobody else was hurt. 

I think this will mark the end of his comeback career.

Im hardly a golf fan but he sure was a draw, and many consider the GOAT of golf. But he was a human like everyone, and anyone who wasn’t just a scintilla moved by his play with his young son recently needs to look for some heart. IMO 

Cue the “who gives a crap about celebrity athletes” comments.

Screws and plates stabilizing his tibia and ankle in lower right leg . Being a right handed golfer , I would be grateful that it was the right leg vs the left . All the pressure in the swing and that forward momentum is on that left leg . 

Don't count him out yet !

Celebrity magnifies everything out of context and usually for the worse.  We all have our troubles at times.

Clueless1

There's very few that made me care about watching golf at all.  He was/is one.  Hope he pulls through.  I think he had his "Nicklaus '86" moment a couple years ago and fortunately I heard something on the radio and turned the TV on to catch the end of it.  A cool moment.

His talent for golf was unmatched, the best I'll ever see.

Most everything else about him is meh. Frankly, he could have easily killed someone else yesterday morning or during his incident of drunk driving. 

I think he has played his last meaningful round of professional golf. The reports I have read make it sound like his lower leg was broken into a jigsaw puzzle. One of his ankles was equally busted up. You really cannot play any sport without a solid set of legs. Between that and his back, I don't see it.

He needs to decide on what his post golf life will be. I wish him well on that. 

chilly460

Multiple fractures, crush injures, and some talk of peeling soft tissue to relieve the pressure from swelling....yeesh.  

topdog1961

His injuries and treatment sound exactly like what happened to my daughters legs when a 17 year old kid turned left in front of her car. She was months before she walked again, two years before her recovery plateaued. She can now walk around OK for short distances, but would never be able to compete in any sport. She also has permanent nerve damage and continued swelling of one leg. 

I wish Tiger the best, but he has a long road to climb. 

021494FB-F907-4B9E-8CDE-9A1191AA0117.jpeg