REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
blanked

are you a yuppie hunter?

Hunshatt

Just like a MA yuppie.  Go cry to Mama when the heat gets turned up.  Maybe a little jaunt in your convertible with a sweater tied around your neck will help calm your nerves. :p

:down: doowwwwwwwwww.......play nice now, I know who WAS going to pick you up from the a/p :p  :p

Have to admit to my first real Yuppie purchase(preimpetive report that Tedder was going to make anyhow). I won(ok bought) a set of muck boots at the RGS shoot that RiversEdge outfitters in Beverly Ma put on last weekend. they were to tight foot and calf wise, for my size. So I went up to return them. Ended up walking out with a pair of those poncy french leather lined ones. the french are very proud of thier rubber foot ware.($$$$) but I figured if they're good enough for Big Kev, then by damm they're good enough for me. I do have a question though , how do I sneak 350.00 rubber boots past Kathi?? I'm so scewed. :(

bosco mctavitch

I do have a question though , how do I sneak 350.00 rubber boots past Kathi?? I'm so scewed. :(

Stop by the Blue Seal or equivalent and get the tag from a pair of barn boots, put it on the label, and proudly announce that you got the boots for 19.95.

If you have to look up the location of the nearest feed store, you're a yuppie hunter.  (and hopefully you don't give a crap whether you are or not)

Ted Moore

So I went up to return them. Ended up walking out with a pair of those poncy french leather lined ones. the french are very proud of thier rubber foot ware.($$$$) but I figured if they're good enough for Big Kev, then by damm they're good enough for me. I do have a question though , how do I sneak 350.00 rubber boots past Kathi?? I'm so scewed.

You know you are going to come home from LI with one of those fancy Spinones to complement your French boots...you sissy. And just so you know, I was just at Tractor Supply (I am definitely not Yuppie, but I do drink tea on occassion) and they have Muck boots that are mid length, just for guys with fat calves, like me. So you could have swapped those free Muck Boots for some free ones that actually fit, but instead you went the $350 route (Jackass). You are a yuppie. Now go grab your boy toy Travis and go for a ride in the convertible with the sweater around your neck.

Ted

I do have a question though , how do I sneak 350.00 rubber boots past Kathi?? I'm so scewed. :(

Stop by the Blue Seal or equivalent and get the tag from a pair of barn boots, put it on the label, and proudly announce that you got the boots for 19.95.

If you have to look up the location of the nearest feed store, you're a yuppie hunter.  (and hopefully you don't give a crap whether you are or not)

Here and now, going on record:

BearKat is no yuppie hunter.  He hunts in big rubber $#!+kicker boots and drives a honker 4x4 ********-150 crew cab.  No Toy-o-ta.  We've both been to Tractor Supply in Conroe, TX.

That image of Tim in a v-neck sweater in his brit ragtop is running through my head and it won't stop!  To make it worse, he's wearing a white turtleneck.

Anyone who has ever in their life worn a white turtleneck is a Yuppie/Preppy.  That's a Yeppy.

bosco mctavitch

I think this gets my vote for silliest thread of the century.  Anyone that thinks their yuppiness (or lack thereof) is derived from the clothes they wear or the vehicle they drive or the dog they chase after, or where they bought any of the above, etc is sorely misguided IMO.  

It is my opinion that all of us here are yuppie hunters whether young, urban or professional fits or not.  Get over it and stop calling each other names, or Henry's gonna wash your mouths out with soap and make you sit on your hands all the way home.

Besides, everyone knows real hunters are illiterate, don't have indoor plumbing, survive on the meat they kill, pay no attention to posted signs or hunting regs, and are a dying breed.  I say if you don't look like the real hunter below, shut up and go try and get yourself a bird or two however you see fit.

67873908.7CdRNUzg.jpg

Pat Berry

I think this gets my vote for silliest thread of the century.

No, that would be the "Bail out" thread where most of the participants seem to believe that our economic woes are solely the fault of Congress. In that thread it's also apparently very important and relevant to note that Barney Frank is a gay *******. So I guess I would also chalk that up to as funniest thread of the century.

Hunshatt

[

BearKat is no yuppie hunter.  He hunts in big rubber $#!+kicker boots and drives a honker 4x4 ********-150 crew cab.  No Toy-o-ta.  We've both been to Tractor Supply in Conroe, TX.

That image of Tim in a v-neck sweater in his brit ragtop is running through my head and it won't stop!  

Couple of things here tx boy..... a f150 isn't a honker anything, anyplace, not even NYC(well maybe San Fransisco). claiming it is almost as gay as driving a Honda element. having to tell people you've been to Tractor Supply , is similar to driving a honda element. It builds nothing (far as credibility) cept in your own silly little world(bet you tell people you've riddin a mech bull, and have been to Gilly's). finally the fact that I'm in your fantasy's and it won't stop, leads me to belive that, yes you really should be driving a Honda element, and it causes me concern about Bryan, as your his referance :oh:

BTW it hasn't been a Brit sportscar since when I grew up in England as a Lad, and shot driven bird at the estate I lived at.It's currently a jap sports car

Gratuitious photo to follow

Hunshatt
how cool, I got Barney Frank inferances in before I even knew Mr Spandex posted it . Browny points for me..........

bosco mctavitch

I grew up in England as a Lad, and shot driven bird at the estate I lived at.

I'm not sure what to say to that except that it's gonna be cannon fodder for someone.  Should be, anyway...

Pat Berry
Browny points for me..........

Dude, after reading your incomprehensilbe side-stepping, back-stepping, self-incriminating, flip-flopping, tone-deaf, insecure, and, yes, endless blather in this thread, I think you need to change your sig line. You really don't seem to know much about your own opinion.

redtop

Besides, everyone knows real hunters are illiterate, don't have indoor plumbing, survive on the meat they kill, pay no attention to posted signs or hunting regs, and are a dying breed.  I say if you don't look like the real hunter below, shut up and go try and get yourself a bird or two however you see fit.

We have indoor plumbing.

Sorry I only have read the last two posts of this thread.

Hunshatt

Dude, after reading your incomprehensilbe side-stepping, back-stepping, self-incriminating, flip-flopping, tone-deaf, insecure, and, yes, endless blather in this thread, I think you need to change your sig line. You really don't seem to know much about your own opinion.

uhhhhhhh, pretending to be Crawdad isn't going to cut it, as an excuse??  :down:  :down:

Hunshatt
Besides, everyone knows real hunters are illiterate,

You've seen my spelling and grammar, so I guess I qualify :laugh:

Pat Berry

uhhhhhhh, pretending to be Crawdad isn't going to cut it, as an excuse??  :down:  :down:

Here.

shovel.jpg

See how deep you can dig the hole.

frugal pointer
He wouldn't use a cheap shovel like that!