are you a yuppie hunter?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunshatt

• bosco mctavitch

• mshowman

Teapots, goose liver pate, flyrods, fancy sxs's from a boutique mfg in Ct. hot wife that bakes :blush: ....  oh you said Yuppie,not Uppie my bad, sorry :down:  :down:

Boring day blanked?

In my opinion as the administrator and lead moderator this is a incendiary question and one that has caused member alienation and bad feelings in the past.

It inevitably ends up stereotyping people and questioning who is a "real" bird hunter.

I am guilty of starting a Topic years ago titled "MetroUplanders"-those hunters who live in urban areas and travel distances to hunt etc. It unintentionally turned into a horror show.

I'll be watching this closely.

Good question, Mr. Grush.

Anyone who has the good sense to take up hunting as a hobby starts out with my respect and works backwards (or forwards) from there. Location, profession, possessions, age, etc have nothing to do with it. It's those pointing dog people who are ********.

Anyone who has the good sense to take up hunting as a hobby starts out with my respect and works backwards (or forwards) from there. Location, profession, possessions, age, etc have nothing to do with it. It's those pointing dog people who are ********.

I agree with my esteemed friend Pat, except about the pointing dog part.  I just can't see how you can hunt over a flusher.  How do you have time to quote from aloud Spiller, adjust your tie, light your pipe, and brush off your tweed jacket before the flush?

I agree with my esteemed friend Pat, except about the pointing dog part.  I just can't see how you can hunt over a flusher.  How do you have time to quote from aloud Spiller, adjust your tie, light your pipe, and brush off your tweed jacket before the flush?

Which is where the Pointing Lab comes in......he does both so if you feel like walking along at a turtles pace and you don't want to really hunt hard and never leave the road.......he'll point for you. If you want to be a real bird hunter and leave the pavement......he'll flush for you.  :D

I figure I am a yuppie hunter.

I employ a sports car to take me to my hunting destinations and shoot a Wingmaster (The finest shotgun ever made.)

I'm probably one too.  I was going to wear a white shirt, tie and tweed jacket for the woodcock opener.  The little bird is such a gentleman that I thought I would show a touch of respect before scorching his fleeing butt with a load of 8's.  But my friends laughed at me.

Phred

Which is where the Pointing Lab comes in......he does both so if you feel like walking along at a turtles pace and you don't want to really hunt hard and never leave the road.......he'll point for you. If you want to be a real bird hunter and leave the pavement......he'll flush for you.  :D

PL Guy strikes again......I walked right into that one didn't I?   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

shorthairgrousedog
Although I shoot a sxs, I can't be a yuppie hunter because I drink cheap beer (not the latest microbrew) and drive an american vehicle.
Well, while dove hunting the other day, I wore an old Ducks Unlimited t-shirt with baseball sized holes in the armpits.  Yet, I'm thinking about getting a pipe to smoke on my upcoming grouse hunt.  Seriously.  So, does that make me a closet yuppie??