Bros got Black Bears

Brad Eden

One of my younger brothers lives in NH. Bottom quarter/mid state. He owns a nice chunk of land and sent me this video of a bear on his property. Nice big healthy Bruin.

My other younger brother lives outside of Seattle WA. He sent me this video of a bear working a bird feeder on his back stoop. 

Funny, I live in Maine with a very robust Black Bear population and never see any by eye or camera, here in mid Maine or up at my camp area that is thick with bear.

Sounds like I may have land similar to your brother in NH and it is also absolutely loaded with bears. I sincerely believe anyone who owns land within 40 miles of Lyme likely has way more bears than they realize due to the Kilham Bear Center. The first year I hunted bears on my property we ID 30 different bears.

In Southern NH we have a few good sized yard bears as well. These 2 were from last summer. 

76C24F2A-D245-44D8-B6C3-162CF6A8881C.jpeg

EB76E879-475B-4BAC-9ABF-F79EC24E369F.jpeg

Crazy Horse

Come to Northern PA where 600, 700 and 800 pound bears live.

There are tons of bear near my cabin but we dont see them near as much as we did 10 years ago. They do a number on my siding every spring though, almost afraid to go open it up because of what I might find. 

Samuel Hoggson

simsburybears.thumb.jpeg.bdd9eb42b04d36268dcf62ccd2bfa683.jpeg

Not a great pic, but three bears are between daughter's place and a daycare.  Simsbury, CT.  Daycare hired an extra person to keep watch for bears.  Hits a "bear horn" (air horn) signalling time to go indoors, kiddies, as in right now.  Guess that's built into daycare pricing. 

Area is loaded with bears.  They even visit the chem weapons/explosives plant.