Great guitarists

Zoli 16ga.

There are many...

My buddy exposed me to this guy in the late 70's. Found this concert of him recently. Great bass player and drummer too.

wrong vid give me a second. Jeff beck live at Ronnie Scott's. Can't get it to start from the beginning. May have to slide back to the beginning. Nonetheless.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• walt lister

• bennelli-banger

• Allen McCallie

• topdog1961

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are so many great guitar slingers out there and so many styles of play it’s almost impossible to pick just one. However Mark Knopfler is a favorite of mine with a distinctive style, and if I eve

I love Duane Allman for his scorching slide, his down-home style, and this quote from 1969, when I believe he was in drug recovery with Berry Oakley and some other band members. Duane had his demons,

I seen Glen Campbell and he was Great. 

sneem

Nothing wrong with Jeff Beck.....but.......

When one talks of great guitarists, the discussion starts with Stevie Ray Vaughan and goes from there.

VizslavsBird

SRV, nough said

Auto-5

There are so many great guitar slingers out there and so many styles of play it’s almost impossible to pick just one. However Mark Knopfler is a favorite of mine with a distinctive style, and if I ever find a genie in a bottle I’ll use my first wish to be able play and sing like Vince Gill, then for world peace and then a cure for cancer.

dogrunner

I seen Glen Campbell and he was Great. 

sneem

You might not believe this but one of the best guitar players I ever saw was Charro. Yes her! “Cuchi, Cuchi.” She studied in Spain under Andre Segovia, perhaps the greatest classical Spanish guitar player of all time. We saw her in Branson with Andy Williams. Couldn’t believe how good she was.

Good grief! When you think about the all genres and styles, the list could be very long! I’m not sure I could even put a title of my favorite one! 
Here’s a few of mine:

Clapton

Santana

Kath

Allman

Knopfler 

Carlton

BB King

Angus Young

Slash 

Dickie Betts

bennelli-banger

Many greats mentioned...love Duane Allman...if I could bring one person back from the dead, might be him! ✝️

KCrowley

SRV

George Benson

Larry Carlton

Chet Atkins

Mark Knopfler

In just about that order, for me.

bennelli-banger

Love jazz...Wes Montgomery 

Campbell was a studio session guitarist before becoming a star.  Larry Carlton is probably the most well known. Jeff “Skunk Baxter is another.

bennelli-banger

Love steely Dan....skunk was a big part!