gunsrus

OK , I can sleep sound now , we're out . Looking forward to the oncoming battles . Should be interesting .

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ben Hong

• jeff88

• Big Al

• gunsrus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I absolutely and resolutely hate you! Just for that I wish that Marchand scores on his own goal.

The Montreal fanbase is besotted with the kid. I watched a lot of hockey in the past 70 years, and the only players that I can remember with a better and quicker release, that may change, were Mike Bo

I expected nothing less , love ya Ben !

Ben Hong

I have been perusing the efforts and offerings of the so-called hockey pundits all over North America and like they have done before when the Habs faced "insurmountable odds" they all said that Montreal will be lucky to escape with their jockstraps against such a great team as the Golden Knights!! I love those odds.

When it comes to life I’m a contrarian type of guy.  But thinking the Habs are going to beat the Knights is even too much for my contrarian blood.  

Of course the Lightning have to face the GOAT Barzal (the NBC hype anyhow) so they have no chance.  Sarcasm!!!!

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

When it comes to life I’m a contrarian type of guy.  But thinking the Habs are going to beat the Knights is even too much for my contrarian blood.  

Of course the Lightning have to face the GOAT Barzal (the NBC hype anyhow) so they have no chance.  Sarcasm!!!!

Still want to see if the skilled team can win this.  PGH and BOS both play a similar style, both got ahead in games 2-1, both got trampled in 6 games.  The Isles get you in a sleep hold, increase the pressure then down you go.

Whichever team wins this will be my favorite to go all the way though I'd prefer to see The Cup go to Canada.

gunsrus
1 hour ago, jeff88 said:

Whichever team wins this will be my favorite to go all the way though I'd prefer to see The Cup go to Canada.

Noooooooo   !!!!

Pomoxis

I’ve watched all games in the second round and I don’t see anyone beating Vegas. They embarrassed the Avs who I picked as hoisting the cup when this started. Flowers is well Flowerlike, top 6 d is as good as anyone’s, they are big and speedy up front. Their forecheck is beyond suffocating, their d seems to pinch at just the right times, and #1 PK Oh, and Mr Clutterbuck, meet Mr Reeves. 

18 hours ago, Pomoxis said:

I’ve watched all games in the second round and I don’t see anyone beating Vegas. They embarrassed the Avs who I picked as hoisting the cup when this started. Flowers is well Flowerlike, top 6 d is as good as anyone’s, they are big and speedy up front. Their forecheck is beyond suffocating, their d seems to pinch at just the right times, and #1 PK Oh, and Mr Clutterbuck, meet Mr Reeves. 

It’s too bad the Mr. Clutterbuck won’t have the opportunity to meet Mr. Reeves. 

Got to watch the Isles/TB game while doing an extensive PT session yesterday.  This is going to be a great series.  Both of these teams have skill, speed, power and goaltending.  While I'd like to see The Cup spend the off-season in Canada, one of these two Eastern teams is where I'd put my money if forced to wager.  

Lots of compelling angles with this final four from where I sit.  Two-peat for TB.  Cup to Canada.  My all-time favorite Pens goaltender looking like a potential Conn Smythe winner.  The Isles beating both PGH and BOS as underdogs.

The Lightning looked bad yesterday.  Apparently the game plan was to see how many unforced errors they could make before the Isles scored.  Not a shocker they lost though.  Since 2000 the Lightning have one of the worst series opening home records in the league.

Pomoxis
1 hour ago, Big Al said:

The Lightning looked bad yesterday.  Apparently the game plan was to see how many unforced errors they could make before the Isles scored.  Not a shocker they lost though.  Since 2000 the Lightning have one of the worst series opening home records in the league.

The Islanders have the front line skill to get past the d when pressing. Barzel can flat out finish.

Ben Hong
18 minutes ago, Pomoxis said:

The Islanders have the front line skill to get past the d when pressing. Barzel can flat out finish.

I love this kid, but the big ace in the hole for the Isle is Trots. Every day!

Pomoxis

Their Dir of Amateur Scouting is from town here, hence alot of draft picks fron MN in their system. My favorite is Nelson who I first noticed in HS. Big kid with soft hands and from the same small town as Oshee. Im a secret Islanders fan for sure.

16 hours ago, Pomoxis said:

Barzel started the playoffs slowly but sure has caught fire.  He can flat out motor as well as finish.  

Trots reminds me of Belichick in the sense that his players "do their job."  They know their roles too.  It's frustrating to their opponents when they can get off 35 to 40 shots but the goal crease is always jammed with Isles.

Pomoxis
7 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Trots reminds me of Belichick in the sense that his players "do their job."  They know their roles too.  It's frustrating to their opponents when they can get off 35 to 40 shots but the goal crease is always jammed with Isles.

Jacque Lameire's influencing from behind the scene for sure.