2021 Maine Moose Lottery Drawing

Brad Eden

Maine Moose Lottery Drawing will be this weekend-June 12, 9AM

Results will be Posted online MEIF&W website at 6PM on same day.

Im ready again. Been since 2007 when I last drew a Permit and shot a decent Bull. They have a special cow moose hunt this year thats part of a study. I chose to apply for that as well as the Bull tags even though I don’t usually apply for cow moose. I need to fill a couple chest freezers. They are generally harder to find and kill than a Bull since you basically have to bump into them by luck. Whereas calling in a rutting grunting Bull is the epitome of a moose hunt IMO.

Good luck to those who applied.

Dave in Maine

Another year, another 15 bucks.  No tag.

Spiller

two kids, my wife and I....nuthin'.....it's like deja vu all over again...

Brad Eden

I’m not a bitchin and moanin conspiracy theory kind of guy….and do think the lottery is generally fair as far as luck of the draw comes into play….but at the very least two Moose Tags shouldn’t be allotted the same year to more than one Member of an immediate family. For instance; both a husband and wife or a father and son or daughter or a mother and son and daughter. Happens every year. There must be some way to avoid this out of respect for people who have literally been applying for decades with no luck. 

MAArcher

Swing and a miss for the thousandth time if you total up all the extra chances I've bought.

6 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

I’m not a bitchin and moanin conspiracy theory kind of guy….and do think the lottery is generally fair as far as luck of the draw comes into play….but at the very least two Moose Tags shouldn’t be allotted the same year to more than one Member of an immediate family. For instance; both a husband and wife or a father and son or daughter or a mother and son and daughter. Happens every year. There must be some way to avoid this out of respect for people who have literally been applying for decades with no luck. 

It is strange how that happens.

A friend of mine and his daughter both drew their moose tags last year after years of applying.  Both of them got decent bulls.  I don't know if it is as hard a draw in Montana as it is in Maine but it's difficult.  It was a great hunt for them.  They can't apply again for seven years.

grouse28

Friend of mine from Kansas was drawn for region 6.