Gifted our Dixie to a friend who had a stroke.

pa'tridge hunters

What a wonderful gift. A win, win, win.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Up North

• hobbes

• ccavacini

• pa'tridge hunters

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our setter Dixie is a real good hunting dog, but the last couple years her front ankles would swell if you hunted her more than a hour or so. She just turned seven this spring and way to young to stay

Thank you all for the kind words. It really was a no brainer, because they told us what all happened to them in the last year. My wife and I looked at each other, then at Dixie and nodded. We switched

Dixie made it back to Illinois to her new home, and is hard at work as Gary’s companion/comfort dog.

Posted Images

WPG Gizmo

That is a true gift from the heart 👍👍

hobbes

Too bad about Dixie's ankles but awesome that you could share her with someone in need.

Fire Marshal Bill

Really heartwarming all around. That's terrific on both sides. 

Up North

Thank you all for the kind words. It really was a no brainer, because they told us what all happened to them in the last year. My wife and I looked at each other, then at Dixie and nodded. We switched our phone conversation to FaceTime, and showed them Dixie. The tears immediately came down Gary’s face, and it was a done deal. This happened in late February, so it was a long wait for them. They live in Illinois, and us Montana so last weekend we meet at their cabin in northern MN. We are on our way back home now dodging severe thunderstorms across the prairies in our new camper hopefully the hail will miss us!

336A9AEA-77CF-4907-A293-056114A8103E.png

Up North
8 hours ago, Don Steese said:

Stories like this bring tears of joy to my old eyes! I look at Dixie's beautiful face and see my Mabel! May they have many wonderful years together!

She should remind you of Mabell, Dixie is also out of Berg Brothers kennel.

BlueMtn

Dixie gets a good retirement home and Gary gets a rehab friend;  you did a good thing there.  Kudos. 

Wirehair
44 minutes ago, BlueMtn said:

Dixie gets a good retirement home and Gary gets a rehab friend;  you did a good thing there.  Kudos. 

Exactly!   Thats awesome for the both of them.

If there is a God in Heaven you just earned some major points,

If there isn't you've won the love and respect of a bunch of us right here 

Well Done Sir!

Millriver

Selfless act, my hat’s off to you. Well done!

dr.duck

Win,Win,Win great all around. Dixie retired hunter, now full time service pup!

On 6/8/2021 at 9:01 PM, Up North said:

Thank you all for the kind words. It really was a no brainer, because they told us what all happened to them in the last year. My wife and I looked at each other, then at Dixie and nodded. We switched our phone conversation to FaceTime, and showed them Dixie. The tears immediately came down Gary’s face, and it was a done deal. This happened in late February, so it was a long wait for them. They live in Illinois, and us Montana so last weekend we meet at their cabin in northern MN. We are on our way back home now dodging severe thunderstorms across the prairies in our new camper hopefully the hail will miss us!

336A9AEA-77CF-4907-A293-056114A8103E.png

You may already be home.  If not, drive safe. We just bought a small travel trailer ourselves.  Trying to get the title work taken care of here always proves to be a pain in the.....

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

You are a good friend!! Thats awesome