Gifted our Dixie to a friend who had a stroke.

Up North

Dixie made it back to Illinois to her new home, and is hard at work as Gary’s companion/comfort dog.

003A5E9B-9F3D-490D-A6F0-62204B011CA2.jpeg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Up North

• Brad Eden

• hobbes

• KCrowley

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our setter Dixie is a real good hunting dog, but the last couple years her front ankles would swell if you hunted her more than a hour or so. She just turned seven this spring and way to young to stay

Update, got a heartwarming text today from Dixie’s new owners. This was very touching, and why we knew it was the right thing to do.    Good Morning Me and my Therapy Dog ! Days have been d

Dixie made it back to Illinois to her new home, and is hard at work as Gary’s companion/comfort dog.

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Update, got a heartwarming text today from Dixie’s new owners. This was very touching, and why we knew it was the right thing to do. 

Good Morning
Me and my Therapy Dog !
Days have been difficult and we didn’t make it back to the cabin. Gary can’t tolerate the trip anymore. I didn’t take him to our Granddaughters wedding last week either. Hard decisions to make & face but he is miserable sitting in wheelchair any amount of time so life has changed even more for us. I have bouts of depression and just take one day at a time . Dixie is my comfort. Thank you over and over again for her. She is such a comfort for me. 😊

5B5693C3-381B-4FA7-8653-F498BD00FB2B.jpeg

Millriver

Dixie’s a good dog.

We should all be so lucky.

I always find it easy to look around and find someone with challenges much greater than I face. 

We should all give some thought to how lucky we are.

RookieEP

So true Bob.  Dixie is a true wonder dog.  Thanks for sharing 

Brad Eden

Heartwarming in the most sincere way.

KCrowley
On 9/30/2021 at 3:04 PM, Up North said:

Update, got a heartwarming text today from Dixie’s new owners. This was very touching, and why we knew it was the right thing to do. 

Good Morning
Me and my Therapy Dog !
Days have been difficult and we didn’t make it back to the cabin. Gary can’t tolerate the trip anymore. I didn’t take him to our Granddaughters wedding last week either. Hard decisions to make & face but he is miserable sitting in wheelchair any amount of time so life has changed even more for us. I have bouts of depression and just take one day at a time . Dixie is my comfort. Thank you over and over again for her. She is such a comfort for me. 😊

5B5693C3-381B-4FA7-8653-F498BD00FB2B.jpeg

Such a beautiful story...

That a girl, Dixie. We knew you could help!