Priefert kennels. Mixed reviews

blanked

I cant get thru to TK kennels to order.  So i am looking for a back up plan.  Lots of rust complaints and lots of great reviews for priefert.  Why so lopsided ?   Any other manuf to look at for rust free kennels

Seagrouse

Two years into Tarter Kennels. Good so far.

Chief Paduke

My Tarter Kennels are 4-5 years old. They are rusted every place the dogs’ feet hit when jumping against the panels and doors. The latches and connecting hardware are rusted too. I fight that with WD40. I thought galvanized + powder coated would have done better. I’m glad you have had better luck Seagrouse. 

Seagrouse

Have galvanized chain link beside the Tarter kennels. Will be good side by side comparison. 

VizslavsBird

Have a set of Preifert kennels close to 20 years old.  Bottom pipes are rotted out, rod pannel still in good shape.  Male dog pee is hard on steel.  At 20 years they have payed for themselves and owe me nothing. I well probably repace in five years with the same.

dgfavor

Same, my Prieferts are  20yrs old and just in last 1-2 years I started getting rust and rot at back, low corners where urine runs.  I am gonna pull em out, pressure wash em up. flip the rusted panels over to rust side up/good side down and give em anothet bunch of years...i hope.

Chukarman

I have the TK Kennels and they would be hard to improve upon. Zero rust in two years with my 5 male setters.

TK seems to be popular, so had to understand the unanswered phone calls.

I think I'd be patient a bit longer.