Lifetime Sportsman License

Snipeaholic

Our state does this right. If purchased before their 5th birthday $401.50 gets the kid hunting/fishing licenses for their lifetime. It seems to cover anything required by the state to hunt or fish. Lifetime Gold Sportsman’s License This is the 4th one I’ve purchased, 3 for grandsons and one for my best friend’s son. I’m not chauvinistic, just no granddaughter at this point. If your state offers something like this it’s worth looking into.

I figure it’ll be advantageous for them not to have to worry about it and hopefully they will remember me when I’m no longer with them afield, afloat or otherwise.

BB21B9B9-3210-439D-80EB-CFBD6F044BC8.thumb.jpeg.460687ce8058c6bfed0eeb3f6c6055ef.jpeg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Snipeaholic

• mccuha

• Spin

• Brad Eden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our state does this right. If purchased before their 5th birthday $401.50 gets the kid hunting/fishing licenses for their lifetime. It seems to cover anything required by the state to hunt or fish. Li

I'm a retired Language Arts teacher....I'll keep tabs on ya.

Good investment, IMHO. I grabbed one before I left KS (still have to purchase specialty tags - deer, turkey, etc, but at the resident rate), although not til my 30s. It's paid for itself many times ov

Posted Images

Good investment, IMHO. I grabbed one before I left KS (still have to purchase specialty tags - deer, turkey, etc, but at the resident rate), although not til my 30s. It's paid for itself many times over. 

Sometimes I feel a bit bad as I think that there's a lot of $100 non-res small game and $400 deer tags that the state didn't get.

But then I remember as it is, it's still a symbiotic relationship - I'm spending my money on food, fuel, ammo & lodging, etc while I'm there.

Without purchasing my lifetime license, I sure wouldn't be going every year, maybe not ever, so we've both benefitted from my purchase.

It is a good deal. I'm not sure what the lifetime license costs here in Idaho now days, but if purchased when still at a young age it's a heck of a savings over ones lifetime. It wasn't offered when I moved back to ID and by the time it was offered, I figured I was approaching the old codger realm and didn't do so. Sometimes I wish that I had, but now I can buy the Sr license and it's cheaper for 3 years than the regular one year pre-senior license. The tags are all at a reduced price as well. Of course, I lord it over a couple of cheap friends who haven't hit the Sr status yet!

Alaskan Swamp Collie

Good idea. I don't believe our state offers one, but than once we turn 60 our license to fish and hunt is free along with the special tags.

Our state offers one. I probably should have bought one when I was a teen but our license is just hunting and fishing lifetime. Big game, wildlife management permit,salt water are all extra. By having to buy all the add ons extra every year it’s not a huge savings.  Now. They have a senior license that once you turn I believe 65 you can buy a license for pretty cheap and can have hunting ,fishing and all the other permits and all for life.  

That FL deal looks very good.  TX has a Senior Citizen License discount but it's not much and doesn't apply to the stamps which are numerous and the WMA charge is pricey.  

Snipeaholic

At 65 Florida doesn’t require fishing/hunting license, just proof of residency.

Recoil Rob

I purchased Lifetime Sportsman (big & small game  fishing) here in NY over 30 years ago, I think it was about  $600. A few years later added bow and muzzleloader. Glad I did, every year all my tags get mailed to me and no charge DMP's.

Just remembered (thanks BirdHunter) good if I move out of state.

FlyChamps

South Carolina residents can obtain a lifetime senior license at age 64 for $9.  It includes all basic fishing and hunting privileges except the federal duck stamp.  You must still pay for a few specialty tags but I've never needed any.

2 hours ago, Lurch said:

Good investment, IMHO. I grabbed one before I left KS (still have to purchase specialty tags - deer, turkey, etc, but at the resident rate), although not til my 30s. It's paid for itself many times over. 

Sometimes I feel a bit bad as I think that there's a lot of $100 non-res small game and $400 deer tags that the state didn't get.

But then I remember as it is, it's still a symbiotic relationship - I'm spending my money on food, fuel, ammo & lodging, etc while I'm there.

Without purchasing my lifetime license, I sure wouldn't be going every year, maybe not ever, so we've both benefitted from my purchase.

Same here. Parents and sisters bought my Kansas license for my college graduation. It paid for itself the first year by not having to buy deer tags at nonresident rates.

Brad Eden

ME offers something similar. I’m not sure if I would partake for very young children. It’s always a crap shoot on whether they would take up consumptive sports. I’d likely wait until they had hunted during the youth days of not needing a license but only mentorship to see if it was gonna take. 

Brdhntr47

New York has a Senior Lifetime License at age 70 for $65. Covers hunting and fishing license as well as turkey permits. It does not cover deer management permits (doe permits) or annual saltwater registration which is free anyway. If you move out of NY the license is still valid. That’s why I purchased mine.

lee sykes

Maine is free hunting and fishing license at age 70.  Same licenses can be bought on a sliding scale for seniors (65-69).  Right now, at 67 I can buy a lifetime hunting and fishing licenses for little more than the regular price for just one of the two for a year.  I think I'll go ahead and do it. 

gunsrus

Great idea !

10 hours ago, FlyChamps said:

South Carolina residents can obtain a lifetime senior license at age 64 for $9.  It includes all basic fishing and hunting privileges except the federal duck stamp.  You must still pay for a few specialty tags but I've never needed any.

I thought that was the range for the senior license.  I may be wrong but I thought the senior included big game and turkey tags. I'm pretty sure it covers the WMA permit as well.  I also thought the price was pretty cheap.  Not in any hurry to get 64 but that's something to look forward to when I approach that age 😁