Lifetime Sportsman License

Brad Eden
2 hours ago, Snipeaholic said:

I agree it's a crapshoot, won't be the first money I've invested that didn't work out. I figure I got a chance at least for one or two sportsmen out of the deal. My best friend's son turns 16 this year and will need it. He's an avid saltwater fisherman and looks like he will get full use out of it. Also if the others just want to go once in a while they don't have to worry about licensing. Still  several years off on that......

I get it. Only one of my kids (daughters) showed any sincere interest in hunting and fishing. She was my outdoor buddy for a spell. We were born on the same day so often went fishing to celebrate as a tradition. By the time she reached the age when she required a license she pretty much had moved on to other things. Outside of making a few casts with me if visiting (after we look around to make sure a warden isn’t lurking by…) I don’t see her becoming engaged in consumptive sports ever again. My big game and turkey hunting buddy Scott has a son and a daughter, both of which were given lifetime hunting and fishing licenses when they were quite young. Ive been over both kids shoulders when they have shot a fair share of wild turkeys. They have moved on to jobs out of state, and frankly I’m not seeing much interest in them to get back into the field when they come to Maine (the lifetime license is still good for their home state.) But that’s just speculation. I was a country kid when young; hunting and fishing as much as possible, but lost interest in my teen partying and skirt chasing years, only to get back into it with a fervor after college and when I had a family in the making.  

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Snipeaholic

• mccuha

• Spin

• Brad Eden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our state does this right. If purchased before their 5th birthday $401.50 gets the kid hunting/fishing licenses for their lifetime. It seems to cover anything required by the state to hunt or fish. Li

I'm a retired Language Arts teacher....I'll keep tabs on ya.

Good investment, IMHO. I grabbed one before I left KS (still have to purchase specialty tags - deer, turkey, etc, but at the resident rate), although not til my 30s. It's paid for itself many times ov

Posted Images

ccavacini
20 minutes ago, mccuha said:

Just a tad off the subject. I am beyond poor in proper righting and spellin skills.  My wife is a Language arts teacher.  If she ever saw my posts I know she'd cringe. I'd probably have lessons waiting on me the next day for spelling and proper writing.   

I'm a retired Language Arts teacher....I'll keep tabs on ya.

WPG Gizmo

NH has lifetime Hunting, Fishing, ML and Archery you get just one license that has everything listed on it for Hunting you get Deer and Bear plus all small game you still have to buy a Turkey and Pheasant plus any extra deer tags you want.

If you move out of state it is still valid no matter where you live

You can also purchase a New born lifetime license for Hunting and Fishing cost $300 has to be bought within the first year

1 hour ago, ccavacini said:

Just a tad off the subject. I am beyond poor in proper righting and spellin skills.  My wife is a Language arts teacher.  If she ever saw my posts I know she'd cringe. I'd probably have lessons waiting on me the next day for spelling and proper writing.   

Glad to see I'm not the only one living under female oppression. 

Snipeaholic

Okay, okay. I learn new things along the way......From Florida Fish and Wildlife—-Lifetime licenses remain valid for use in Florida even if the license holder moves out of the state. 

Glad to provide both entertainment and information 👍🏻😉

Spiller

One of the best things I ever did was to buy my two sons Lifetime Fishing Licenses for the State of Maine when they were still shittin' in their pants. In retrospect I should have thrown another $150 bucks/each at IFAW at that time to also get them Lifetime Hunting Licenses.  My wife wasn't so sure about her babies using guns back then. Lifetime licenses are valid for life whether you live in Maine or not, so I figured even if they moved away they could come back to Maine and fish on a vacation. I kick myself for not thinking about them coming back to hunt birds or deer. 

I now have had my own combined Lifetime Hunting, Archery and Fishing License for a few years. Since I qualified as a senior citizen.

The next time that my Registered Maine Guides License runs out? I will qualify for a free one.

And then you die.......

GrouseGuy

I purchased lifetime MN sportsman licenses for both my children for there 1st birthdays it covers fishing and small game regardless if they stay in MN. With Minnesota being a destination state for both I figure even if they only use it occasionally it's worth it. Plus the money goes directly to improve whatever the license is sold for(unless the politicians find a way to turn it into a bike lane or dog park in downtown Minneapolis, they can be sneaky anytime they see a surplus of money.  Growing up in northern MN and following me around on my adventures I think it will get used plenty. I believe it will also be the gift that keeps giving after I can no longer join them. I just hope they are using it for walleye's & grouse/ woodcock not jumping carp and turkeys. No offense if either are your thing.  

Rick Hall

Our state has long offered general lifetime licenses but is plotting a new puzzlement for those of us over 60 who've enjoyed the privilege of both hunting and fishing for just $5 a year.  They've proposed an increase in the form of a choice between an annual fee of $20 or "senior lifetime" at $100.  So those of us well beyond the base age will have to guess whether we'll have the 6-year remaining "lifetime" of hunting/fishing to make that a good deal.

I'm betting on me.