Bands you don’t love but everyone else does.

topdog1961

Cooter’s comment about Metallica in the listening thread got me to thinking I agree with him, and there’s at least a couple more. Do you have bands/artists smack in the middle of your favorite misc genre that by all accounts you should like, because they’re great and popular, but you don’t. Count Metallica, Led Zeppelin and Chicago in this group for me. Though Chicago is in kind of in a sub genre of it’s own. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• topdog1961

• jeff88

• Brad Eden

• MAArcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

KISS. The worst. 

Just about anyone who’s played the halftime show at the super bowl in the last century

Depends on the quality of the weed

Posted Images

topdog1961
6 minutes ago, DAG said:

KISS. The worst. 

I like Beth but otherwise am historically not a big KISS fan. But I saw them live just before Covid hit because they were close and convenient, and I heard they’re great live. I was not disappointed. It was a great show just for the theatrics, I’m glad I saw them. I’d even call them a “must see” band. 

canvasback

Much as I love Jimmy Page’s guitar work, never a Led Zeppelin fan. I never bought an album. 

I love most Motown. Stevie Wonder leaves me cold. 

Those are two thar jump to mind. 

topdog1961

I’ll add that my wife likes most classic rock, “Beast of Burden” is “our song”, but Stevie Nicks voice is like nails on a chalkboard to her. 

bmeador

Rolling Stones. I love the entire Goats Head Soup album, but most else - nah...

Bluegill68

For me In no particular order:

zztop

Steve  miller

and Kansas

also is rather hear my hunting partner scream obscenities at his dog than listen to sweet child o mine by gnr 

Edited by Bluegill68
Spelling
atticus

I can’t even express how sick I am of Aerosmith—and I’m from greater Boston.  I don’t listen to music very often anymore but it seems whenever I turn on the classic rock station they are on.  Click. 

1971snipe
24 minutes ago, Bluegill68 said:

For me In no particular order:

zztop

Steve  miller

and Kansas

also is rather hear my hunting partner scream obscenities at his dog than listen to sweet child o mine by gnr 

+1 to sweet child o mine and pretty much anything else from gnr.  

Just about anyone who’s played the halftime show at the super bowl in the last century

topdog1961
16 minutes ago, atticus said:

I can’t even express how sick I am of Aerosmith—and I’m from greater Boston.  I don’t listen to music very often anymore but it seems whenever I turn on the classic rock station they are on.  Click. 

+1 on Aerosmith. I remember going o the Aerosmith ride at Disney thinking “Seriously, a ride for Aerosmith”. But Civil War by GNR is a favorite. 

There are a few hugely popular bands I just don’t connect with. Old school Rolling Stones and Rush are probably the 2 most obvious. Coldplay is a bit more current that I just don’t dig. 

Jacksdad

Rules in my truck regarding radio include that the station must be changed IMMEDIATELY upon any song by the following coming on:

-Guns N Roses

-U2

-Dave Matthews

-Richard Marx

-Bruce 'the fraud who hates America' Springsteen

-Cher

Some of the above is due to overplay and Aerosmith does indeed qualify for a change of station, just not the immediate mandated by those i've mentioned.  Some of the above is due to the douche factor of the band (ahem U2) and some is just due to awful music.  

Jacksdad
2 hours ago, topdog1961 said:

I like Beth but otherwise am historically not a big KISS fan. But I saw them live just before Covid hit because they were close and convenient, and I heard they’re great live. I was not disappointed. It was a great show just for the theatrics, I’m glad I saw them. I’d even call them a “must see” band. 

Dr Love and Beth are fantastic!