Nashville help.

topdog1961

My wife and I will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary in Nashville TN in early August.  That’s where we spent our honeymoon but we haven’t been back since.  I’m looking for suggestions for things to do and see.  We’ll do the General Jackson showboat because we did on our honeymoon.  Maybe we’ll go to the Opry if they add some acts we like before then.  We’d like to hear some good live music in smaller venues, perhaps going from bar to bar to check them out.  Any particular ones that generally have the best talent? What about great places to eat, breweries, wineries, places to stay? We need to book soon as I hear lodging is one of the things in short supply. We’ll be in the Miata so any scenic drives are also appealing.

I got her pretty good the other night.  We were lying in bed talking about the trip.  I looked into her eyes and said in my most romantic voice (if you can imagine that) “We’ll try and make it just like our honeymoon.  We’ll stay in the same place, maybe even the same room.  I’ll carry you across the threshold, kissing you all the way. In the morning we’ll have a table brought to the room and an intimate private breakfast served, just like 30 years ago.  You can lean across the table and whisper in my ear “Are my breasts as warm as they were 30 years ago?””  She said “And what would your reply be?”  I said “They otta be, one’s in the gravy and one’s in my coffee.”

Millriver

We’ve been trying to get to Nashville the last 2 years. A conference we regularly attend has been scheduled and canceled twice, but it’s on for next year so I’ll be interested in hearing about your trip. 

The one place I want to go to is Blake Shelton’s bar, Ol Red’s, to down a few brews and hear some music. 

Have fun, congrats on 30 years together!

WI Outdoor Nut

Topdog - go to Nashville 1-3x's per year with my bride - one of our favorite places together.  I am a little short on time, and might be easier to have a conversation if you like.  PM me your #' and can provide details if you want to go that route, or I will try to post more when I have time.  

It is really becoming the hot spot for bachelorette parties and the scene is changing a bit.  But you can still get away from the crazy party areas if that is not your thing.  I was there in April of this year and covid had the town in some strange restrictions.  Not sure if those were lifted or not.  

topdog1961
On 6/22/2021 at 2:32 PM, WI Outdoor Nut said:

Topdog - go to Nashville 1-3x's per year with my bride - one of our favorite places together.  I am a little short on time, and might be easier to have a conversation if you like.  PM me your #' and can provide details if you want to go that route, or I will try to post more when I have time.  

It is really becoming the hot spot for bachelorette parties and the scene is changing a bit.  But you can still get away from the crazy party areas if that is not your thing.  I was there in April of this year and covid had the town in some strange restrictions.  Not sure if those were lifted or not.  

Thanks for the replies. 

Millriver- Ole Red’s is on our list, but I hear often there are long lines to get in. 

Nut- I’m traveling now, will PM my # when I get home and can take notes. 

Double guns of Nashville, nothing says romance like a trip to the gun shopB|

Last time we were there for a shoot, 4 of us called on a golf cart taxi, we had blast.

The guy gave us a story tour of down town, dropped us off where we wanted to go and picked us up when we wanted to move on.

The carts get around down town fast.

• 1 month later...
Bob Blair

Eat at Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse. And…if you have a heart attack while you’re in Nashville,, make sure they take you to Vanderbilt! 

• 5 weeks later...

Bringing this thread back to life, me and the wife are heading down for a long weekend in Nashville, followed by one day in Memphis. Never been to either city, looking for suggestions. I've heard the downtown bar scene on the weekends is not for 50+ year old's (unless you like standing in line to get in and crammed wall to wall inside). Looking at a day trip to Lynchburg (Jack Daniels), Franklin, TN, civil war stuff and poke around downtown Nashville on anything but a Saturday night. That being said, any other suggestions for us?