So who scored in Wyoming this morning?

Wyoming's Deer and Antelope draw results for nonresidents and residents came out this morning.  We lost again.  In fact, every year, with more points, we lose by a greater margin.   I'm really close to taking up golf.  

Anyone here get lucky?

Its impossible for me to win with point creep, so I stick with just the Merely Statistically Nearly Impossible no-point draws like New Mexico.

And, no, I didn't get lucky there either...

Tim Frazier

I'm still holding out for a Montana antelope tag but rumor is they aren't drawing for more than a month yet.  I think they just want the interest off my money before they send it back!

Clueless1

My wife asked me to not apply this year with all the uncertainty.  My buddy's drew mule deer, elk and antelope😡

Tim Frazier
3 minutes ago, Clueless1 said:

My wife asked me to not apply this year with all the uncertainty.  My buddy's drew mule deer, elk and antelope😡

Wyoming?  Wow

7 minutes ago, Tim Frazier said:

Wyoming?  Wow

double wow!

Clueless1

They've been banking mule and antelope, elk we do archery on a general tag.

Deer and antelope does for me and dad. Bro in law got a deer tag. Never Hunted muleys. 

4 years ago 4 of us drew antelope buck tags. 2 years ago none. This year none. 

14 minutes ago, Cheesy said:

Deer and antelope does for me and dad. Bro in law got a deer tag. Never Hunted muleys. 

4 years ago 4 of us drew antelope buck tags. 2 years ago none. This year none. 

I hunted mulies the last two years in Wyoming.  Didn't see any.

Treerooster

I'm not familiar with Wyo but am with Colorado, which has a preference point system also. Lots of point creep in Colorado too.

I think the wildlife agencies are hoping to put the brakes on that a little bit and make some money. In Colorado it use to cost $3 to apply, you had to send them the whole tag fee but you got your money back minus the $3 if you didn't draw. Then they made you buy a Habitat Stamp, $10. Now they upped the app fee to $7 (still cheap) but make you buy some kind of hunting license to be able to apply...small game, turkey etc. Not a big deal for me as a resident, but some significant cost for a non-res. Now you only pay for the tag if you draw but are out the other fees whether you draw or not. The more popular Bighorn Sheep and Goat type tags you have to pay $50 (plus the other fees) to gain a preference point or a "weighted point" if you have the 3 max regular pref points. Don't ask me how a weighted point works...I've asked many people and still have no grasp of it. 🙂

Still a lot of point creep tho. I just mainly go for hunts that aren't too popular like cow or doe. Just don't need horns/antlers anymore, I value a good hunt for meat more often than a trophy hunt. 

38 minutes ago, BrentD said:

I hunted mulies the last two years in Wyoming.  Didn't see any.

I hope I’m not hunting where you did…:)

We have seen them while antelope hunting, mostly does and some spindly bucks. 

let the learning begin. 

21 minutes ago, Cheesy said:

I hope I’m not hunting where you did…:)

We have seen them while antelope hunting, mostly does and some spindly bucks. 

let the learning begin. 

Me too.

Where are you hunting?

4 hours ago, BrentD said:

Me too.

Where are you hunting?

Somewhere in here…not being intentionally vague, just not in the know. 

YMCU5K9.jpg

Looks like Region D.  I hunted Unit 34 in 2017 and 2020

17 was great. Saw deer, killed one, learned a lot

Came back in 20 and saw exactly Zeeero.  

Which is only one less than we saw in Region X in 2019.  

Best of luck to you.    I hope to see cool pic with lots of pointy bone come Novemberish.

IsThisHeaven?

Drew antelope and mule deer buck tags.