1971snipe

While driving through Louisiana yesterday I saw billboard ads for fried ribs.  (They advertised chicken-cracklin-boudain egg rolls also, but the fried ribs got my attention more).  

Have any of you guys tried this?  Perhaps with the air fryers you see a lot of on here?  

The recipes I see on line include a chicken fried version, where the ribs are cooked first, then battered and fried afterwards.  Various sauces can be used for dipping.  

• 2 weeks later...
WAGinVA

That just seems wrong...............

WPG Gizmo

Seriously wrong like someone first boiling ribs before cooking wrong

agree with the other comments, but my first thought was - "out of all the fabulous cajun food at your disposal in Louisiana, why even consider ribs at all?"

Mike da Carpenter
20 minutes ago, Lurch said:

agree with the other comments, but my first thought was - "out of all the fabulous cajun food at your disposal in Louisiana, why even consider ribs at all?"

Because they are eating Nutria ribs.that makes them “Cajun” enough.  As for fried pork ribs...not a chance I would take.  I think I have finally perfected the smoked rib dinner.  Don’t want to go backwards, but then again I thought chicken fried steak sounded stupid till I had one, then another and another...

Brad Eden

I’d try them. Anything deep fried is good from twinkies to old boots. Reminds me, I am due to take out the smoker for some ribs soon. I could try some air fried ribs for kicks but may lose considerable membership…

1971snipe
4 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

I’d try them. Anything deep fried is good from twinkies to old boots. Reminds me, I am due to take out the smoker for some ribs soon. I could try some air fried ribs for kicks but may lose considerable membership…

Please do, and report back.  We will listen to your recommendations.  

SODAKer

I've deep fried pork ribs; nothing wrong with that and eats good.  

3 hours ago, SODAKer said:

I've deep fried pork ribs; nothing wrong with that and eats good.  

I don't see why not? Who thumbs their nose at fried pork chops? Look at all the great Oriental dishes involving fired pork. We all need to try something new now and again. Variety is the spice of Life!

Get Ben's opinion, The Hong is Old, The Hong is Wise!

Cooter Brown

On 7/6/2021 at 4:25 PM, Lurch said:

"out of all the fabulous cajun food at your disposal in Louisiana, why even consider ribs at all?"

Exactly.  Fried ribs sounds like the answer to a question nobody asked.

On 6/26/2021 at 10:26 AM, 1971snipe said:

chicken-cracklin-boudain egg rolls

Now THAT sounds righteous.  That would cause me to slam a bootlegger turn into the parking lot.  Wars have been fought over lesser things than that.

You can get just about deep fried anything at the Minnesota State Fair.  A couple years back the neighbor kid, who loves my smoked ribs, told me about a deep fried rib you could get near a stand on Machinery Hill.  He was so emphatic about their greatness I tried them out.  They were excellent.  They had all the 'smoke' of a typical rib, but with a crunchy exterior.  I would have never given them a shot on my own.  I contemplated making my own at home, but since I already eat like raccoon I thought adding fried ribs to my rotation was a bridge too far.

1971snipe
1 hour ago, Hub said:

fried_Ribs.PNG.2772f8dc95983486bb3b35eca4090608.PNG

Oh myyy! 

MAArcher

I'd eat fried ribs no problem.

Ben Hong

Americanized Chinese restaurants have always fried their ribs/chicken as a first step to other dishes: sweet and sour chicken, S&S ribs, garlic ribs, wings,  Peking pork chops, etc.

On another note, most Chinese over the age of 35 would not purposely order pulled pork. We like our meats to be a bit "al dente", and the term "fall off the bone tender" has no purchase for our ribs. Some one gave us good ribs and, hopefully, good teeth. ..why would I want to eat meat mush?