Refurbished/used GPS collars

Jzack605

Curious if anyone has a go to for refurbished or used e collars. I got a garmin sport pro from gun dog supply and want to upgrade to an e collar with gps capabilities for my Draht buddy when hunting season comes along.

thanks!

ScenicRoute

You probably know this but you’ll need a whole ‘nother system as the pro sport won’t sync with a gps collar.  You’ll need a compatible transmitter along with a gps collar.  

On 7/18/2021 at 5:08 PM, ScenicRoute said:

You probably know this but you’ll need a whole ‘nother system as the pro sport won’t sync with a gps collar.  You’ll need a compatible transmitter along with a gps collar.  

Yep. I didn’t fully realize that or plan on a GPS collar initially.

live and learn.

The collar clinic was buying alpha 100's and other systems when the alpha 200's came out and the tech nerds couldn't stand it.   They seem to have a good reputation but I have no personal experience with them.  

6 minutes ago, PedroR said:

Probably cause I'm old and have always done it this way, but I prefer separate collars for each function.  

Couple of my buddies say same thing although neither have ever experienced a failure to justify their decision. 

1 hour ago, ScenicRoute said:

Couple of my buddies say same thing although neither have ever experienced a failure to justify their decision. 

You can't use the combos field trialing, so that's primarily what informs my decision.

I use separate collars on my dogs because when I started out, dual function wasn't available.   I've bought used, reconditioned collars with new batteries, antennas and they have worked fine. I run an Astro 320.  I have raised money for dog costs by selling advertising space on my dogs' Kevlar vests.  Abby ran an Enzyte ad (a la NASCAR cars) on her vest until the company got busted.  Gil

Smiling Bob smiles no more.

https://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Article/2008/08/27/Historic-verdict-slaps-Smiling-Bob-with-25-year-jail-sentence

Gil