Picking up a setter pup this weekend

You are on a slippery slope, but is there any other way? I had five in the house at one time and dog hair was considered a condiment. Best of luck with her, she is a cutie.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chilly460

• Mike Connally

• Chukarman

• kgb

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The selections have been sorted out and I'll be picking up a female setter pup this weekend.  Flying into Dallas, picking her up Saturday, and ripping back to Richmond with some BBQ stops along the wa

Well I found a coupon so figured I’d pick up another one…

Pups continue to grow and learn, they’ve become a bit more sturdy and have no problem going on nature walks, just hit three months old. It’s been interesting observing their differences in personality

Posted Images

Mark Stella/WV

Nice pup chilly. Maybe we will cross paths this fall up in those higher elevations. ;)

chilly460
19 hours ago, Mark Stella/WV said:

Nice pup chilly. Maybe we will cross paths this fall up in those higher elevations. ;)

I'm hoping it doesn't snow early like it did last year and lock up the forest roads, definitely planning to cross the border a few times this year.  

chilly460

7F367562-6942-4EDA-838F-098D446EDD36.jpeg

chilly460

They did 12hrs in the car no sweat.  Personalities are already coming out, the half mask is a pisser, always into something and always wrestling me or her sister.  The full mask is stoic but at least for now is bigger/stronger

9D9C71C8-6B37-4D47-B832-94424DEE14D7.jpeg

Huntschool

Ya gotta watch those smaller ones......  always into something  LOL

boon hogganbeck

LOL... I also believe in giving into temptation!  Beautiful pups.  Are you gonna keep all 4 in the house, or do a kennel situation?

Fire Marshal Bill

Two pups at the same time....I sure hope you know what you"re doing. I've always been advised not to try and raise two pups at the same time. Having said that I have to admit it's hard to turn'm down. They sure are beautiful pups, best of luck with them!! 

23 hours ago, chilly460 said:

7F367562-6942-4EDA-838F-098D446EDD36.jpeg

The half mask is already giving "the eye". Good luck!

chilly460
4 hours ago, boon hogganbeck said:

LOL... I also believe in giving into temptation!  Beautiful pups.  Are you gonna keep all 4 in the house, or do a kennel situation?

The agreement is the dogs and wife stay in the house, I sleep in the garage 😬

They'll all stay in the house, they’re on a two to three week bath rotation, the vacuuming situation could be interesting.  

chilly460
2 hours ago, Fire Marshal Bill said:

Two pups at the same time....I sure hope you know what you"re doing. I've always been advised not to try and raise two pups at the same time. Having said that I have to admit it's hard to turn'm down. They sure are beautiful pups, best of luck with them!! 

I admittedly didn’t have a lot of time to do deep research but I hadn’t heard any specific issues.  

I did hear that you have to ensure they don’t just bond together, so we’ll be training and hanging out with them individually.  

The other feedback was just the general “you’re an idiot” for doing two pups at once but that’s to be expected.  

A coupon, HA!! 

My wife and I drove to Idaho for our pup, met with the breeder and looked over the female he'd picked out for us, then played with the rest of the litter for a while.  Breeder informed us that not all of the males were spoken for.  Hmm.  At the hotel that night, talking over the fact we'd just put down our 7yo female before the trip and that the old boy was 11 with an eventual replacement not too far in the future, we considered picking up a second dog in the morning when it was time to gather in the female.  That "coupon" has worked well enough, but don't think we'll do that again if it can be avoided.  

Lots of white on your Gordon puppies there, doesn't detract from them in the least though.  Best of luck in their development and your domestic tranquility!

Jim Vander

Will be sweet mayhem, good on you.  Ive done it, hope they are on same puppy poop schedule!

pa'tridge hunters

Enjoy the ride!