Let’s see those trail cam pics. 2021

WPG Gizmo

Billy that is a smoking buck right there.  

To protect your camera get the metal box that goes over it that way you can lock it and no one can access your camera

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• WI Outdoor Nut

• WPG Gizmo

• Big Al

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From April...

I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a 110 acre wooded tract near my home. All new to me. Its in a great area, lots of deer and ive seen a few hammers in the adjacent fields. Put a camera up on

Posted Images

WI Outdoor Nut

I punched my bow tag early, and attempting to get out with the kids, but with fall sports, it has been tough.  My only relief is looking at trail camera photos.  I will say our buck activity was highest between 10/25-11/1.  Has seemed to slow down already.  

2021-10-27 trail crossing ii.JPG

2021-10-25 GTB 3.JPG

2021-10-25 gtb 5.JPG

2021-11-1 sjb 4.JPG

2021-10-23 bfp 2.JPG

Brad Eden
On 11/6/2021 at 10:11 PM, atticus said:

The real kicker was someone took the chip out of the other camera and put the camera back upside down. I think I got their photos on this camera. Looked like two older folks hiking around. 200 yards from my house —-pissed me off. 

Stealing and messing with peoples trail cameras and SD cards is basically a cottage industry these days. Both other hunters and non hunters. A couple tricks are to put the camera above head height and angled down. They often go undetected then, You can get attachment brackets that angle or just shove a stick behind the camera. Some folks even put out an older broken dummy camera, and put a working camera better hidden. And for serious trail cammers, they put out two cameras. One to catch critters and another hidden, high to catch the trail cam molesters. It’s unfortunate but part of the deal.

WPG Gizmo

Years ago I had 2 new cameras taken I put them out got a nice group of pictures off them of 2 big bucks came back a week or so later and they were gone.  These were out in the woods on the edge of a swamp with no hiking trails around so some other hunter took them.  Because of this every camera I have put out since then has been in a lock box so now if they want them they will need to really work at it.

WI Outdoor Nut
5 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Stealing and messing with peoples trail cameras and SD cards is basically a cottage industry these days. Both other hunters and non hunters. A couple tricks are to put the camera above head height and angled down. They often go undetected then, You can get attachment brackets that angle or just shove a stick behind the camera. Some folks even put out an older broken dummy camera, and put a working camera better hidden. And for serious trail cammers, they put out two cameras. One to catch critters and another hidden, high to catch the trail cam molesters. It’s unfortunate but part of the deal.

My brother had an issue with someone stealing cameras on his property.  So he set up a dummy camera, with a cell camera in a tree 20' up, pointing at the dummy camera.  Sure enough, guy came by with a bolt cutter and took the dummy camera, all captured on the cell camera.  Worked with police - it was his neighbor, now referred to bolt cutter Bob!

Brad Eden

6409B671-61E7-47F5-9BA4-5894E259973D.jpeg

Allrighty then…This boy was crossing the tip of my property a few days ago at midnight. Amazing main beams that appear to curl in at the ends. Right under a ladder stand. I haven’t been using that stand much since end of archery since it wasn’t getting any deer travel. The big boys are starting to rut and move, this one is looking for the plethora of does in my immediate area. Best sit would be morning to catch him returning to his daytime hide, unless he’s holed up with a hot doe. 

Brad Eden

DA775E69-CED8-4454-83F9-D912EBFBA598.jpeg

Finally got up to camp for a bird and deer sit. Just one afternoon. This big boy is still around in front of my main ladder stand. At least at end of October. Lots of nighttime photos on same cam of him and a couple other lesser 8’s, spikes and forkies.

From this morning, not a trail cam but my cell. Can you find the fatty? After posting see the resolution reduced, but you can still see the buck.. at least 280 lbs., not much of a rack but an absolute toad.

C164D996-627D-40C4-97A8-59064A3A6FE3.jpeg

WPG Gizmo

Big fat Buck likely a old guy