Ted Moore

I'm up for a day afield. Would be nice to get back to the old covers where we have so many memories of Tucker, Bromley, Phoebe, DJ, Pepper and Henry. Hoping to have a good season since I only hunted for a couple of hours all of last year. 

Drive like hell and let me know when you are in town. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• john mcg

• Jazz4Brazo

• jeff88

• WPG Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Max just got his seasonal clipping and as usual we did a lousy job, but it will do. LOL Dump run done and we are just about all packed. Just need to put a cooler together with sammiches and

I love a road trip👍👍👍   We decided to see Pam's dad as the border was opened...crossed over Monday morning at Highgate Springs visited the long term care home in Toronto on Monday and again

Awe hell.....there goes the neighborhood.  Just when you think we were cleaning up the New England upland scene some riff raff boomerang back......   Hit me up and maybe we can shoot some tr

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ted Moore said:

I'm up for a day afield. Would be nice to get back to the old covers where we have so many memories of Tucker, Bromley, Phoebe, DJ, Pepper and Henry. Hoping to have a good season since I only hunted for a couple of hours all of last year. 

Count on it, brother.

2 minutes ago, blanked said:

What brought you to oklahoma

My wives dad passed and we came to take care her mom who has since passed.

So you staying in oklahoma permanently?  Grove is it?  I got a buddy in Grove.  Never been there. Been wanting to see it

2 minutes ago, blanked said:

So you staying in oklahoma permanently?  Grove is it?  I got a buddy in Grove.  Never been there. Been wanting to see it

We have our eyes on back home eventually...reach out and maybe we can meet up.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting excited! 4 more sleeps and then on the road. Got a few things done.

IMG_9176.thumb.png.675164d7bc7865f1979e484aca5abcdc.pngIMG_9180.thumb.png.8a38ad9d127ac7464c1cb8c82079e35c.pngIMG_9178.thumb.png.e0eb7331e4c03eac15845b10a88289f4.png

On 9/7/2021 at 7:19 PM, Ted Moore said:

Hey Ted!  I remember that Element.  Hope you are well.  Oh yeah, please don't mention I went 0 for 20 on WC that day we hunted.

6 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Hey Ted!  I remember that Element.  Hope you are well.  Oh yeah, please don't mention I went 0 for 20 on WC that day we hunted.

Maybe you just needed some $50 shooting glasses for those Dodging Doodles.

On 8/31/2021 at 9:35 AM, john mcg said:

We firmed up plans yesterday. We are departing on October 3rd to arrive in NH at dinner time on the 4th and staying until either the 15th or 16th.

Our motel stop will be either Dublin or Mansfield, OH--which is between 11 and 12 hours rolling time and has worked for us in the past. From there up to Erie, PA and across I90 and through Vermont and NH. This route makes for a more relaxing ride. We have also continued on 90 through the Berkshires once or twice--which is nice, but involves more traffic.

That is some heavy duty driving to make it in two days.  My son and I took 3 days from Rocky Mtn Nat'l to Ithaca, NY.  Didn't get an early start the day we left, we stayed in Des Moines the 1st night.  Next stop was Bryan, OH to see my brother's family, hung around a bit to visit and spend the night. Next day was through Erie across lower NY.  We stopped in Erie to visit Penn State/Behrend College where I went my 1st two years.  One of the guys in the admin area was a soccer teammate from back in those days and he took us to lunch in the Faculty/Admin area.  To this day I want to see SW NY State again, what a beautiful place!  Hope you have a scenic, safe ride.

6 minutes ago, john mcg said:

Maybe you just needed some $50 shooting glasses for those Dodging Doodles.

For sure!  In TX, the local guys can tell you the streak continues.  If you ever felt badly about your shooting, spend a day with me.  

2 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

That is some heavy duty driving to make it in two days.  My son and I took 3 days from Rocky Mtn Nat'l to Ithaca, NY.  Didn't get an early start the day we left, we stayed in Des Moines the 1st night.  Next stop was Bryan, OH to see my brother's family, hung around a bit to visit and spend the night. Next day was through Erie across lower NY.  We stopped in Erie to visit Penn State/Behrend College where I went my 1st two years.  One of the guys in the admin area was a soccer teammate from back in those days and he took us to lunch in the Faculty/Admin area.  To this day I want to see SW NY State again, what a beautiful place!  Hope you have a scenic, safe ride.

Thanks, Jeff. We have done the trip several times--its not all that bad in the truck. Comin back on the motorcycle two years ago, I left late and got to Falconer, NY and grabbed a motel room. Got up early and rode home---1043 miles in 16.5 hours.

The truck is cake.

LOL

6 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

For sure!  In TX, the local guys can tell you the streak continues.  If you ever felt badly about your shooting, spend a day with me.  

I had a two year bad streak that followed a lesson. Thinking way too much--I had more or less forgotten that a shotgun is to be pointed where your eyes are looking. I traded what was natural to something that wasn't.

🙂

23 minutes ago, john mcg said:

Got up early and rode home---1043 miles in 16.5 hours.

Whoa!  I'm finding 800 miles is my limit these days when driving alone.  When I was in college two of us drove straight through from State College to Long Key, FL for spring break.  We took turns and only stopped for fuel, food and bathrooms which was about every 4-5 hours.  The only other stop was by a South Carolina State Trooper.  He asked me why I was speeding and I told him I was trying to get away from Pedro on the "South of the Border" billboards.  He cracked up and gave me a warning and advice:  Don't go more than 9 mph over the speed limit and you'll be safe from getting pulled over.  

21 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Whoa!  I'm finding 800 miles is my limit these days when driving alone.  When I was in college two of us drove straight through from State College to Long Key, FL for spring break.  We took turns and only stopped for fuel, food and bathrooms which was about every 4-5 hours.  The only other stop was by a South Carolina State Trooper.  He asked me why I was speeding and I told him I was trying to get away from Pedro on the "South of the Border" billboards.  He cracked up and gave me a warning and advice:  Don't go more than 9 mph over the speed limit and you'll be safe from getting pulled over.  

I had a statey tell me 12 over one time. In Massachusetts its illegal to drive the speed limit. If its posted 60, ya do at least 90.

Anyway---the motorcycle ride is the last time I will do that. I'm too old for that level of crazy anymore. I got a second wind just west of St. Louis and kept going. It got dark east of Joplin so the last hour or so was real tough. Don't like riding after dark. Ya hit a deer on a bike and it will ruin your day. I could barely see when I got home, but I was motivated as Toni's mom was in ICU and she needed me.