• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• john mcg

• Jazz4Brazo

• jeff88

• WPG Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Max just got his seasonal clipping and as usual we did a lousy job, but it will do. LOL Dump run done and we are just about all packed. Just need to put a cooler together with sammiches and

I love a road trip👍👍👍   We decided to see Pam's dad as the border was opened...crossed over Monday morning at Highgate Springs visited the long term care home in Toronto on Monday and again

Awe hell.....there goes the neighborhood.  Just when you think we were cleaning up the New England upland scene some riff raff boomerang back......   Hit me up and maybe we can shoot some tr

Posted Images

john mcg

Max just got his seasonal clipping and as usual we did a lousy job, but it will do.

LOL

Dump run done and we are just about all packed. Just need to put a cooler together with sammiches and drinks and such.

We'll be up at 4 or earlier and on the road at 5....next stop Dublin, OH.

john mcg
Just now, atticus said:

Safe travels!

Thank you!

My #1 rule of the road and in general is "avoid clusters".

john mcg
2 minutes ago, Jazz4Brazo said:

ROAD TRIP!!!

Safe travels

Thanks, Pierre!

Funny it is---I have always loved a road trip. It hasn't gotten old as I have.

Jazz4Brazo

I love a road trip👍👍👍

We decided to see Pam's dad as the border was opened...crossed over Monday morning at Highgate Springs visited the long term care home in Toronto on Monday and again Tuesday then stopped over in KW to see my sister/family than headed back via Lewiston Wednesday morning...was not happy to learn Cuban Cigars are no longer sold at Duty Free/allowed 😡 so I blew my budget on Scotch and Rye I can't get in NH.

Normally 90 from Buffalo to Albany is BORING but a nice fall day made it pleasurable and we timed it to hit 90/495/95 corridor after work hours so not so bad.

401 from MTL to KW is one big construction zone (and has been for as long as I can recall) and the MTL driving style (90 and bumper car weaving in/out) is now the norm all through that corridor sprinkled with transports that have speed governors set a few mph apart so they take hours to pass each in the 2 lane sections...thank the gods for sport mode and a V6 300 HP Camry!!

This time our normal get up and go routine was severely hampered by the ArriveCan requirements including 72 hr COVID PCR -ve result so we had samples pulled Friday and then headed to Quechee VT for a weekend get away while we waited for results and the race to the border. Pam got us a Fly Fishing Guide as a B-Day gift and who gave her lessons (1st time) and helped me with casting tips (been way too many years and getting back into it for retirement)...even caught both wild and stocked rainbows in the 12  - 14 inch range.

20210926_115226.jpg

20210926_111027.jpg

john mcg

Thanks for sharing that Pierre. Sounds like a heck of a road trip.

Nice fishing. Its gonna be tough driving through upstate and not wetting a line. Quechee Gorge is a favorite…sweet.

I get the 90/495 thing, but its hard to resist continuuing to Troy and then on through. So muc to see and places to stop for a bite and looksee.

Do you have a Llew these days?

Jazz4Brazo

Dogless right now but plans made for a pup next year ♥️

On a speed trip like that we tend to take the shortest route but there is nothing better than a road trip that meanders the single lane highways over the interstates...before pinning our ears back we fished up by Sharon and the roads through the valleys of VT are scenic and so relaxing.

Pierre 

john mcg

I hope you get an opportunity from George when fhe time comes.

Wish I was strong enough John . Stay safe and enjoy your stay . 

john mcg
31 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

Wish I was strong enough John . Stay safe and enjoy your stay . 

I wish the same, Al. Maybe next year. Take care of yourself my friend.

Heal up up good.

Travel safe. I can attest there are birds waiting for you in many of your old haunts! 

john mcg
Just now, NH Jay said:

Travel safe. I can attest there are birds waiting for you in many of your old haunts! 

Dont that sound good.

john mcg

Arrived at my sister’s place early evening. Drove in rain almost the entire day from Ohio to NH. Got a much needed nights sleep.

Max did great. Gonna be a busy aday with family. Maybe get out in the woods tomorrow.