Strap for wearing Instinct over jacket sleeve

boltonguy

I am planning to use my new Garmin Instinct with my 550 Plus this fall season. I'd like to wear the Instinct over my left jacket sleeve so that it's easy to see the doggie directional indicator. This wont work with the strap the watch comes with as it is too short to comfortably wear over a jacket. After a lot of searching I bought one of these and received it today. This is going to do the trick - it is 17" long as its made for wearing over a wetsuit so I'll probably trim the last 3 inches off:

NEW - The Inmate Diver Length Z5™ Ballistic Nylon Strap w/ Brushed Har (natostrapco.com)

Wanted to share in case anyone else is looking for something similar.

Not a bad idea, hate when my viveoactiv gets under my jacket when hunting. 

Jim Vander

Right on, thanks for that will be great for late season!

Cooter Brown

That's a good idea.

I've had the original strap get pulled out from under the keepers while hunting thick stuff.  Fortunately I noticed it before it unbuckled.

In addition, a strap that goes under both pins is much more secure--one of the pins can come loose and the watch will still be held on by the other pin.  I lost a Tag-Heuer one time while I was grouse hunting--one of the pins popped out and the whole watch came off.  By the time I realized it was gone it was too late.

sidelock
5 hours ago, boltonguy said:

I am planning to use my new Garmin Instinct with my 550 Plus this fall season. I'd like to wear the Instinct over my left jacket sleeve so that it's easy to see the doggie directional indicator. This wont work with the strap the watch comes with as it is too short to comfortably wear over a jacket. After a lot of searching I bought one of these and received it today. This is going to do the trick - it is 17" long as its made for wearing over a wetsuit so I'll probably trim the last 3 inches off:

NEW - The Inmate Diver Length Z5™ Ballistic Nylon Strap w/ Brushed Har (natostrapco.com)

Wanted to share in case anyone else is looking for something similar.

Is that a one piece strap or two piece ?

boltonguy

Just an update - this is what it looks like. Fits comfortably over all my jackets/outerwear.

image.png.f7d90659ad8a3c5fd26c9aef315531d0.png